1. Meghan Niven avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Meghan Niven said:

Just stick with it. You'll be done before you know it. If you need help with math I can teach the Sh*t out of some math to you. Any class, any day. Here's what we'll do. We get a bottle of wine, drink it from the bottle (because we're classy like that) stumble into a bar somewhere we'll be excepted, and than we crank out all your math problems, you make an A... and in return you can give me a piece of paper that says I own your soul. But I'll help you with math without taking your soul too, I just love making math easy for people because it is. All those professors drone on and on about God knows what because they want to make it hard. I know all the tricks.

2. AngieSinister avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 10:16 PM, AngieSinister said:

i think college is overrated. i have a masters degree and do absolutely nothing with it

3. Frenemy avatar

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Frenemy said:

Stick with it. In the end it will be worth it. I hate taking the core classes as well. I wish I could only take the art classes I enjoy. But oh well so be it. In the end it will make you more well rounded and hey that never hurts.

4. KrisAndMusic avatar

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, KrisAndMusic said:

I say take the core classes, do really well. And never have to do them again. Because if you suffer through the courses, get bad grades, there's a high chance they'll come back to haunt you (e.g. my precalculus grade. I didn't get accepted to a program because of it... and guess what I'm taking in the summer.) I'm guessing it's been a couple of years. I hope you did well!

5. animalmother avatar

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM, animalmother said:

i failed to read everyones response prior to mine so maybe this has been covered, but the reason you have to take courses that don't coincide with what you're interested in is because there is a hierarchy of achievements that you have to complete in order to get the bachelors degree. think of college as a factory building little renaissance people who aren't completely ignorant to the world. did i want to know about things like parallax or habitable zones? fuck no i didn't, but now i do. anyway, if you're an art major there are specific establishments for art training. art institutes and such...

6. Christine avatar

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Christine said:

I'm not encouraging you to quit but I thought this was pretty inspiring: http://www.ted.com/talks/steve_jobs_how_to_live_before_you_die.html

7. peszcandy avatar

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:49 PM, peszcandy said:

There are lots of colleges that don't require core coursework, but you won't get a degree from them.

8. clove11 avatar

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM, clove11 said:

I feel the same but am sticking with it to always have the degree to fall back on. :] you never know!

9. St. Christopher avatar

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM, St. Christopher said:

Stick it out. It seems pointless pretty frequently, but you'll find the proverbial gem every now and then.

10. Half Holiday avatar

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Half Holiday said:

Yeah school does make me feel stupid when it comes to classes that don't interest me... and when the majority of your classes mean nothing to you you're in for a pretty blue time...