On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Phillip said:

I don't tend to eat much at the festival, but it's definitely nice to have the free meals to fall back on. Beer definitely becomes my fuel at F3F, however.

I'm still hopin' and prayin' to win my PIP pass: this have been exceptionally tight economic times in our household and that would take an enormous burden off my shoulders. My fingers are in a perpetual state of crossedness lately.

2. Pint O'Salsa avatar

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Pint O'Salsa said:

I got my xmas ticket for my self as my xmas gift. I even hung the post card on the tree, chzy? Probably. BUT this fest has become the highlight of my fall if not year for the past 4 years. So I say it deserved to be on that tree no matter what my mom said about it being silly. Anyways, I'm still thinking about the possibility of a pip upgrade. I'm usually all about being crushed at the front of shows. It's part of the experience for me but I got fancy pants passes for FPSF in Htown a few weeks back and I kinda totally loved the raised sitting area. I could see the whole stage and really take in all. It's usually fine if I can get to the very front but when i'm even 3 ppl back if one of them is average height or taller I'm fucked. I also haven't acquired a taste for beer. I'm with Mista PP on the food too. I just get sooo excited about the music i kinda forget to eat until the drive home where i want to eat everything in my path.

3. slyd avatar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM, slyd said:

Yeah it will be hard to go back from PIP after last year. I won my PIP through the scavenger hunt last year and am now addicted to the perks. Hopefully I can win again but if not I got the Xmas ticket to rationalize an upgrade ala not spending all the cash at once.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Mista PP said:

Thanks for the update, Greg. Looks like the ticket prices, which were present earlier this morning at the top of the FFF site, have been removed for now. I certainly won't argue that $325 for PIP (which is what the email I received from FFF this morning lists the FUN2 sale price for 3-day PIP as) is a deal for "special treatment"/perks, especially compared with larger fests' (cough-cough-ACL-cough) VIP options. But a ~25% prince jump is a lot, especially in an economy where folks are tightening belts. I'm likely not the demographic that PIP is shooting for, anyway, since I drink 1-2 alcoholic beverages per day and eat one meal (usually, sometimes 2) per day at FFF. FWIW, most (perhaps all) the folks I know who roll PIP don't go back to the non-PIP passes, so y'all definitely are doing something right there. :)

Looking forward to getting some lineup leaks!

5. Greg(ctrl) avatar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Greg(ctrl) said:

Mista PP - Yes the P-I-P's did go up this year, although much cheaper than pretty much any other fest's similar offering (and in most cases you get far less). The idea is offering the same thing each year is lazy, making it better costs money... so FFF is gonna make it better.

As far as the Single & 3 Day Tickets, these prices include all taxes, shipping, and fees so it actually is pretty much the same price as the last couple years, FFF is just being upfront about the out the door price from the get go.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Phillip said:

I've also grown quite attached to the PIP viewing areas over the last two years. Plus, to be honest, there's something totally cool about being "special," even if it's only for three days. There's also the question of swag: I use my backpack from last year every day, so I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of that. Price increases are always a bummer, though.

7. lessthanamazing avatar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM, lessthanamazing said:

Yowza.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM, inkboy200x said:

PIP is still worth it in my opinion. Don't have to wait in line forever for a drink, plus you have an unlimited supply. But i am bummed that the price went up so much.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Phillip said:

I've gone PIP the last two years and prices have definitely been steadily rising. It was, indeed, 270.00 last year, so 340.00 is quite the increase in price. Since I pretty much live off of beer for those three days, I think PIP is still the best option for me: at the new price, I would need to drink 33 beers over the weekend in order to make it pay off (not counting the free food and swag, so maybe 30 beers). That's still only 10 beers a day and I'm pretty sure I put that away by late afternoon anyway.

My biggest fear is that. since the price is going up so much, they won't be offering "PIP for Points" in the Store: that would majorly screw up my plans.

10. SierrainAustin avatar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM, SierrainAustin said:

I was just thinking the same thing ..... I think PIP was like 270.00 last year I didn't do it because it was my first FFF fest and I didn;t know what it was all about really. I had planned on going PIP this year, but I didn't plan on paying 340.00 for it. Wonder if they are including more with the tickets this yer than last year??