1. MandyStroyer avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM, MandyStroyer said:

oh... NOW the comments show up!

2. MandyStroyer avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM, MandyStroyer said:

I keep trying to comment on this & it keeps just vanishing. I think the FFF powers that be have built in a "shit talking" detector to block my comments when I talk smack about the direction their little overpriced hipster party seems to be going lately. Hmph! Fine. Whatever.

Basically, all I really wanted to say was... I don't think they deserve the name anymore. I don't think Biscuit would be pleased... & that's not very fun at all.

3. MandyStroyer avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:59 PM, MandyStroyer said:

Yeah, I'm not real stoked on the price hike either. Especially since, from my point of view anyway, FFF has been becoming more & more of a hipster oriented theme park than the cool, independent, supporting of the punk rock fest that it started out as. Honestly... I don't think they've deserved the use of the "Fun Fun Fun" title for at least a couple of years now. I don't think Biscuit would approve. And that's not fun.

4. malicious misery avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM, malicious misery said:

sucks for poor people...... so hey if you need more points more friends..... hit me up

5. BonnieBlowtorch avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM, BonnieBlowtorch said:

Guess this means we'll just have to own the scavenger hunt again! That is quite the spike, but everything's a raising these days. Miss all your awesome faces! Hope all is well in your worlds.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Mista PP said:

I hope you gents (slyd and Phillip) win yourselves some PIP passes! I do have to admit, as I'm getting older, standing 10+hours for 3 days straight is getting harder (and that PIP seating starts looking reeeeeeal nice...). :)

Right on, PintOS! I bought my FUN1 (didn't put the postcard in the tree, wish I had thought of that!). I'm gonna bug you to hear how the Free Press Fest was!!! :)

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Phillip said:

I don't tend to eat much at the festival, but it's definitely nice to have the free meals to fall back on. Beer definitely becomes my fuel at F3F, however.

I'm still hopin' and prayin' to win my PIP pass: this have been exceptionally tight economic times in our household and that would take an enormous burden off my shoulders. My fingers are in a perpetual state of crossedness lately.

8. Pint O'Salsa avatar

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Pint O'Salsa said:

I got my xmas ticket for my self as my xmas gift. I even hung the post card on the tree, chzy? Probably. BUT this fest has become the highlight of my fall if not year for the past 4 years. So I say it deserved to be on that tree no matter what my mom said about it being silly. Anyways, I'm still thinking about the possibility of a pip upgrade. I'm usually all about being crushed at the front of shows. It's part of the experience for me but I got fancy pants passes for FPSF in Htown a few weeks back and I kinda totally loved the raised sitting area. I could see the whole stage and really take in all. It's usually fine if I can get to the very front but when i'm even 3 ppl back if one of them is average height or taller I'm fucked. I also haven't acquired a taste for beer. I'm with Mista PP on the food too. I just get sooo excited about the music i kinda forget to eat until the drive home where i want to eat everything in my path.

9. slyd avatar

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM, slyd said:

Yeah it will be hard to go back from PIP after last year. I won my PIP through the scavenger hunt last year and am now addicted to the perks. Hopefully I can win again but if not I got the Xmas ticket to rationalize an upgrade ala not spending all the cash at once.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Mista PP said:

Thanks for the update, Greg. Looks like the ticket prices, which were present earlier this morning at the top of the FFF site, have been removed for now. I certainly won't argue that $325 for PIP (which is what the email I received from FFF this morning lists the FUN2 sale price for 3-day PIP as) is a deal for "special treatment"/perks, especially compared with larger fests' (cough-cough-ACL-cough) VIP options. But a ~25% prince jump is a lot, especially in an economy where folks are tightening belts. I'm likely not the demographic that PIP is shooting for, anyway, since I drink 1-2 alcoholic beverages per day and eat one meal (usually, sometimes 2) per day at FFF. FWIW, most (perhaps all) the folks I know who roll PIP don't go back to the non-PIP passes, so y'all definitely are doing something right there. :)

Looking forward to getting some lineup leaks!