1. byrone avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:05 AM, byrone said:

re: bass drum of death

you heard right!! along with the fresh and onlys, they were the best set i saw at psych fest (though i only went that one day).

they are one of my fav new bands of the year, for sure.

2. maryrehak avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:00 AM, maryrehak said:

I've seen Toro y Moi before, so I'm really more looking forward to Bass Drum of Death... They are one band I heard awesome things about at Psych Fest, and was really sad to have missed.

3. byrone avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM, byrone said:

i hear you on zola jesus, mary. it's not exactly "my thing", but i love her voice soooo much. i guess it's the same with st. vincent.

and lifeonadklein is right, war on drugs should be on your schedule. they are really great live. were you at the mohawk last night??? please tell me you got pictures of tim climbing up on the stage cover and walking around. i got some with my phone, but.... yeah, it was with my phone : / sick sick sick show.

i didn't see shonen knife at funfest, but i'm lookin forward to checking them out. what's really drawing me to that show is shannon and the clams :) say hi i guess, if you see me around!

4. logan.rich avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:26 AM, logan.rich said:

Jesus Christ. You guys get so many good shows. I'm seeing Deer Tick when they come through here (Little Rock). I'm pretty pumped about that one. I wish St Vincent was stopping here on that tour. That new album is great.

5. BonnieBlowtorch avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:23 PM, BonnieBlowtorch said:

Mary knows how to party! I'll be seeing a few of those bands, in Dallas.

6. rachelrachellehcarlehcar avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM, rachelrachellehcarlehcar said:

I'll be about 7 of those. Look for me. Lets give each other a high five or something.

7. lifeonadklein avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:26 PM, lifeonadklein said:

Also, you're missing The War On Drugs, Purling Hiss, and Carter Tanton 10/18 at Emo's East

8. lifeonadklein avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:22 PM, lifeonadklein said:

Holy crap thanks, this is awesome. I had no idea about Toro y Moi and Bass Drum of Death

9. maryrehak avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:58 PM, maryrehak said:

I did know about that show! I saw Wild Flag during SXSW, though, and all I've seen of Zola Jesus is a brief in-store at End of an Ear last ACL, so I really want to see a full set from them.

Shonen Knife is so awesome... Were you at that fff when they played? I don't know if I can hit both shows that night, but I'd like to try also.

Are you doing all three days at fff this year? Was looking at your schedule, and though we have a ton of indie in common, I'm apparently wayyy more into dance/electro than you.

10. byrone avatar

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 1:21 PM, byrone said:

gah i love your schedule. i'll be at like 8-9 of those, too :)

don't think you missed anything.... wild flag at la zona rosa on the 29th, but there are soooooo many good shows that night. i'm gonna try to do both zola jesus, and the halloween cover show at red 7. hopefully the timing is good!