1. maryrehak avatar

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:30 PM, maryrehak said:

It's a mix of the two, really... I shoot some shows for different blogs, and some venues allow SLRs. I've been going to shows around town for so long that I pretty much know all the venues that will allow an SLR without a photo pass, and which require creds.

2. ross_r avatar

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM, ross_r said:

So do you get media credentials? Do they let you bring in SLR cameras to most venues?

3. dinadlc3 avatar

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM, dinadlc3 said:

so jealous! im hoping to go to at least some of these shows!

4. Hey.Dude avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Hey.Dude said:

I might be at Toro y Moi. I might be at Bleached. I know I will definitely be at the Das Racist show. Possible pizza hat appearance?

5. byrone avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:02 AM, byrone said:

ok mary, but i'm oblivious usually, so you might have to say hi to me first :) i'm always friendly, of course i'll say hi back! can't wait to see ur pics from last night

6. maryrehak avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:15 AM, maryrehak said:

Ack! Didn't realize the new comments all went to the top, rather than right above the one they were replying to... My previous comment was to lifeonadklein. Also to him, I would totally add The War On Drugs if I could edit the post, but I don't think I can...

Rachelwentcrazy, if I see you I will totally dole out some high-fives, but only if you promise to do the same... when I get in the concert photog zone, I occasionally go oblivious to my surroundings.

Logan.rich, Deer Tick is facemeltingly good live. I am looking forward to that show so much.

Byrone, I was at Les Savy Fav last night, and did get pics of that insanity. I also got a little party-hardy after, though, so I haven't edited the pics yet... I'll post a link when they're up!

Shonen Knife is really great live, and despite having been a band since before I was born, they look like they are in their 20s... it's kinda uncanny. I haven't caught Shannon and the Clams before, but have heard good things. I'll say hey if I see you, if you do the same!

7. byrone avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:05 AM, byrone said:

re: bass drum of death

you heard right!! along with the fresh and onlys, they were the best set i saw at psych fest (though i only went that one day).

they are one of my fav new bands of the year, for sure.

8. maryrehak avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:00 AM, maryrehak said:

I've seen Toro y Moi before, so I'm really more looking forward to Bass Drum of Death... They are one band I heard awesome things about at Psych Fest, and was really sad to have missed.

9. byrone avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:44 AM, byrone said:

i hear you on zola jesus, mary. it's not exactly "my thing", but i love her voice soooo much. i guess it's the same with st. vincent.

and lifeonadklein is right, war on drugs should be on your schedule. they are really great live. were you at the mohawk last night??? please tell me you got pictures of tim climbing up on the stage cover and walking around. i got some with my phone, but.... yeah, it was with my phone : / sick sick sick show.

i didn't see shonen knife at funfest, but i'm lookin forward to checking them out. what's really drawing me to that show is shannon and the clams :) say hi i guess, if you see me around!

10. logan.rich avatar

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:26 AM, logan.rich said:

Jesus Christ. You guys get so many good shows. I'm seeing Deer Tick when they come through here (Little Rock). I'm pretty pumped about that one. I wish St Vincent was stopping here on that tour. That new album is great.