1. zzzzz avatar

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM, zzzzz said:

You would probably have to settle at that stage for most of the day.
    It's like a sacrifice. lol

2. xkathf avatar

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 3:11 PM, xkathf said:

so what do you do if youre trying to see the last headliners??

3. monalivas2011 avatar

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:24 PM, monalivas2011 said:

well its my first time to FFF but i LOVE live music and make a habit of visting Emo's for some good ass kicking music. I too am a shorty at 5'1" but luckily my bro and hubby get me close to the action but away from the pits :( . I was able to get up front at a recent Deadhorse concert and absolutely LOVED every minute of it. Looking into the eyes of these gifted ppl and seeing how much they love what they do makes the sweaty bumps and occasional wiffs of bad body odor it all worth it!

4. zzzzz avatar

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM, zzzzz said:

Last year, a friend and I were front stage of the orange stage for majority of the day in order to see Deerhunter due to the issue that we are both about 5'0 (sadly)

Being up-close is honestly, (to me) one of the best experiences. I feel that by being so close, I feel more connected, I guess I would say. I'm definitely going to try to make an effort to see some bands close up this year too.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Mista PP said:

Ah, looks like you still need an answer on your PIP part of the question! The last couple of years they've offered PIP, the viewing areas for PIP holders were not very close to the stage, rather they were back a bit but elevated slightly so your view was over the crowd. Since FFF is in a new locale this year, I'm not sure where/how the VIP viewing will be setup.

That said, I've not opted for PIP the last 2 years they've offered it, mainly because I dont eat or drink that much to make it "work out" money wise. But it's usually easy to get to the front of the stage during the day, but it does get more crowded in the evenings when the "bigger" names play. That said, I've always been able to easily work my way to the front for even the headliners after they start playing (so hang back until they lay into the first song, and then just shuffle up to the front!). That work for me, your mileage may vary. :)

Hope to see you there!!!

6. toxicangeldust avatar

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM, toxicangeldust said:

Last year i saw Monotonix there... had no idea what to expect when i got there, my boyfriend (now ex) dragged me up to (what appeared to be) the front of the crowd. It wasnt until I asked where the stage was that I was informed by an excited older group nearby that WE were the stage, and we should expect to be so no matter where we were in the crowd. It was interesting, the music was awesome.... but if i wanted to touch a sweaty old man in his underwear I would follow my father around at work. Needless to say I left early to go see Municipal Waste at the black stage. I find its more fun to just drift from stage to stage if the shows are not vital to your lifetime happiness & just rub on the butter & squeeze your way in where you can.

7. ducttapeavenger avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:39 PM, ducttapeavenger said:

it depends on what band you see... toro y moi was chill, but bad religion... dear god... ruined a new pair of kicks.... and crystal castles... was like a moving wall of people and mud

8. BtotheILL avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM, BtotheILL said:

The Good: I got up really close to the stage to see the Descendents last year. One of my all time favorite bands.

The Bad: My glasses got knocked off my face 8 songs in, trampled and lost in the sea of people. I'd have been more upset about it if 1) It weren't the Descendents 2) I didn't have vision insurance

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM, inkboy200x said:

each stage has one side where a band plays and another side where the next band sets up. so yea you can get a decent spot towards the front if you know what side a particular band is playing on.I personally have never been at the very front row because i am usually running around from stage to stage.

10. rakrakrak avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM, rakrakrak said:

besides the last headliners for each stage every nite, you usually could get front stage within 30 minutes before their set starts. You will however get drenched in crowd sweat at the very front haha