1. topper avatar

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM, topper said:

hello all!
    hello cassie, thanks for checking in. i really appreciate it. well. my doctor just told me two days ago that i'm in remission and that i won't have to take chemo anymore. 'ray! me, my family, and my friends are pretty excited. i just have to start taking this drug at least for a year and have a petscan every 3 months just to keep an eye on it. that sucks that your having health problems in mcallen. i don't think i'll go to fff fest this year as well because i don't think i'll be at full strength when it happens. i would like to go, but i think i'll be too weak. i think i'll save up and go PIP next year.

2. Cassie avatar

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Cassie said:

I stumbled upon this post again and was wondering how you're doing. I won't be going to fff this year because I'm having some health issues still, and secondarily, I'm not impressed with the lineup! Please update on what's been going on! This was 3 months ago, so I'm assuming you're in treatment. All the best to you, topper. You still got a friend in McAllen if you need one!

3. courtney cutthroat avatar

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM, courtney cutthroat said:

definitely hope things turn around for you, dude. and judging by your comments maybe you will be able to get in after all! good luck.

4. topper avatar

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM, topper said:

totally. thanks. where to?

tom

5. Moody avatar

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Moody said:

Dude. Send us proof and you are in. Feel better soon.

xo

FFF

6. topper avatar

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 7:41 PM, topper said:

hey, thanks everyone. i'm definitely shooting for this year, but if not there's always next year.

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Mista PP said:

We're pulling for ya, Topper! Hope things work out where you can make it down this year! If not, there will certainly be next year!

8. BonnieBlowtorch avatar

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM, BonnieBlowtorch said:

I think FFFFest should make some allowances for medical hardships. Seriously. Especially considering, people have legitimate reasons and aren't promised tomorrow. I'm sure you'd have people lining up to push yo around from band to band, once your girl got tired from pushing you, myself included. Have you considered writing the FFF Gods about your situation? Maybe get a money pool goig for the cause? Sending you MEGA healings vibes!

9. topper avatar

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM, topper said:

thanks, cassie. i'm lucky to have so many friends and family around for support. whether to get to the hospital or just a chat, i can count on the people around me to help me through this thing. especially my girlfriend. she's been right next to me since we found out what was bothering me. i don't know if i'll be up to fff this year. i might be better by then, but i'm afraid i'll be weak from chemo and broke from not working. we'll just see, i guess. we'll keep in touch, though, just in case we all decide to go and rip it up. sorry to read you're not feeling well. i hope it's not serious.

10. Cassie avatar

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Cassie said:

Damn, it's really hard to value health until it's waning right? I can't say if I'm going through the same thing as you or not, because I haven't found out what's wrong with me yet. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this! I'm wondering if I'll make it to fff '11 too. It's one of those things I look forward to all year. I'm from right around you, McAllen, which is pretty coincidental. If you wanted to catch a ride, I'm pretty sure we have an extra seat, although you'd have to sit by my 2 year old. I'm not sure if you have a lot of support, but if you want, you've got a friend in McAllen.