1. bearTrap avatar

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM, bearTrap said:

I'm a native austinite too, but I think if you come to this city, you better have the attitude of "Live and Let Live." The growth is one thing, but the change of the overall attitude of the town is another. This is a old hippy town, smoke weed, chill, or do your thing, be nice, cut the hipster shit.

2. hateyouhumans avatar

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM, hateyouhumans said:

I love Seattle, and couldn't imagine living elsewhere. That said: I've been told I'll wanna visit Austin after my trip (not that I'll see much outside of Auditorium Shores & the NITES shows ;P )

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Mista PP said:

Native Austinite here. I think a lot of 'native ATX' folks don't grasp the big picture: if you ain't growing, yer dyin'. Yeah, the traffic is bad, but the City as really to blame for it (they don't fund road projects until the problem is already really bad; they do this time and time again, too). But, realistically, people will come here for work, school, and 'just because they heard it was a fun place to live'. Embrace it! Plus I love meeting folks from different places, and it makes it easy on me if they come to Austin. :)

4. SierrainAustin avatar

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM, SierrainAustin said:

I know what you mean, I'm from L.A. and that "go back to where you came from" attitude is not a very "Austin"kind of attitude to have. I've been here 6 years and I LOVE it. Austin locals will have to drag me out of this city kicking and screaming if they don't want me to stay.

5. KnoxWashEllewynnDominoDaddybearPips avatar

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM, KnoxWashEllewynnDominoDaddybearPips said:

I think the best thing I saw was graffiti in a bar bathroom "welcome to austin, please remember to leave."

6. byrone avatar

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:15 AM, byrone said:

go back where u came from.

7. Tetsujin 28-go avatar

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Tetsujin 28-go said:

It's a weird attitude to have, especially since UT Austin has been bringing thousands of students from all over the country for decades.

8. v. hrndz avatar

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:14 PM, v. hrndz said:

yeahh all i ever hear now is how its really congested in Austin now and how everyone should "go back where they came from" haha pretty rude imo but what canyado

9. Jesse24 avatar

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Jesse24 said:

im from los angeles and i like austin but if they look down on me i say "fuck you la is better"

10. logan.rich avatar

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM, logan.rich said:

I'm from Arkansas, and 4 of my friends live in Austin. They love it.