1. Punk avatar

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Punk said:

whoa Phillip, do you listen to fat tony? thats awesome I know him

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Mista PP said:

Ooo, if you like rap/hip-hop, check out Big Freedia (bounce from New Orleans):

http://bigfreedia.com/music.php (check out Gin in my System and Azz Everywhere)

Freedia has played 2 FFFFs and just played here (with Katey Red) the other night for Chaos in Tejas. Needless to say, it was a FUN SHOW! :)

Also, Phillip has good taste, definitely fire up Spotify (or your service of choice) and comb through his list!

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Phillip said:

Here's what I've come up with so far. You may already be familiar with some of these and a few of them have been around for 4 or 5 years: don't know if that still qualifies them as "new artists" or not. Regardless, here's what's been impressing me lately. I've also included what I consider the best album to check out first from these bands. In no particular order:

Stepdad - Wildlife Pop
    OFF! - Self-Titled
    Speak - I Believe in Everything
    Future of the Left - The Plot Against Common Sense
    Pujol - United States of Being
    Japandroids - Celebration Rock
    Ghost - Opus Eponymous
    The Menzingers - On the Impossible Past
    Grimes - Visions
    Crocodiles - Sleep Forever
    Cloud Nothings - Turning On
    Death Grips - The Money Store
    Fat Tony - RABDARGAB
    Black Mountain - In the Future

I'll add more as they come to me. Hopefully, at least a few of these will be what you're looking for.

4. helloogoodbye avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM, helloogoodbye said:

I usually listen to Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock, Electronica, and R&B. And thanks for helping guysss! :)

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Mista PP said:

Rest assured, you came to the right place for good music suggestions! :)

6. Hey.Dude avatar

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Hey.Dude said:

Royal Headache, Eddy Current Suppression Ring, Pangea, Mean Jeans, King Tuff, Useless Eaters

7. Brrrrrent avatar

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Brrrrrent said:

Hmm what type of music do u usually listen to?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Phillip said:

I could give you about 50, from country to jazz and death metal. Let me put together a list and I'll get back to you first thing tomorrow!