1. hateyouhumans avatar

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM, hateyouhumans said:

DNF sounds great, just listened to their bandcamp songs: http://dnfpunx.bandcamp.com/ - thanks for the background info!

Retox are AMAZING, seen them a few times (tiny DIY venue in Seattle as a Soundfest Afterparty/opening for Melt Banana, then Melvins Lite) - Definitely don't wanna miss 'em, they are RAD DUDES.

New Converge is always a fresh breeze into my delicate eardrums.

2. Ram avatar

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Ram said:

Whoa now... I will definitely take a listen to DNF.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Phillip said:

I listened to that Retox album "Ugly Animals" today and have to admit: I'm still a little conflicted. I like it a lot more than the Locust but there's still plenty of intense white noise on there. When the tunes lock into a groove, they're fucking lethal, though ("Thirty Cents Shy of a Quarter" is one monstrous, impossibly heavy rolling groove after another). I liked enough of the album that I'm definitely considering checking 'em out live.

4. logan.rich avatar

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:29 AM, logan.rich said:

Nah, this Retox is from Southern California.

5. Jesse24 avatar

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Jesse24 said:

Well I hope its not the SM, TX band Retox because they suck donkey balls

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Phillip said:

Thanks for the info, Logan: I had no idea who DNF or Retox were. More visceral than Trash Talk? Yikes! I've never been a huge Locust fan even though I've seen them a few times (once with International Noise Conspiracy, oddly enough) but I'll still need to check 'em out.