Bands

Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Think you know a band that fits the FFF family? Let's hear all about it.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Lightning Bolt, dudes!

They have a new album on the way, so odds are they're itchin' to book some shows!

GET 'EM!

2. RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:47 PM

theblackvomit wrote:
    Lightning Bolt, dudes!

They have a new album on the way, so odds are they're itchin' to book some shows!

GET 'EM!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Also, Titus Andronicus, although I think they might be on tour during the fest.

And The Dismemberment Plan =P (Wishful thinking always works, right? Doesn't matter if they broke up years ago...)

3. RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:42 PM

theblackvomit wrote:
    Lightning Bolt, dudes!

GET 'EM!

I third Lightning Bolt!

4. RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM

animal collective

5. RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

HOLY FUCK!

Please get them to play.

Edit:

Also:
    Amanda Blank, The Thermals, Thomas Function, Wavves, Nobunny, Jay Reatard, Quintron, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Vivian Girls, Gang of Four, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Octopus Project... aaand... I'll think of some more I'm sure!

6. Moderator

RE: Bands

Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Ran into this FFF: Operation Ivy facebook page... and I must say the thought alone gets me excited: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=93096110639

7. RE: Bands

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Ladyhawke, La Roux, Bag Raiders, Amanda Blank, Passion Pit, Tigercity, Hadsome Furs, Thunderheist, Pop Noir just a few suggestions.

8. RE: Bands

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Jay Reatard!!!!

I also think Stars, Wavves, Vivian Girls, Faith No More (hehe I can wish), Flaming Lips (new album out in Oct.), Dinosaur Jr., Diplo, Here We Go Magic, Phoenix, White Rabbits, and Tugboat!

9. RE: Bands

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Starfucker, Best Coast, Voxtrot, Mike Patton (as anything)

10. RE: Bands

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Jay Reatard is a must, motion thirded! As well as The Warlocks and Boris.

11. RE: Bands

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 7:13 PM

patton wrote:
    Jay Reatard!!!!

I also think Stars, Wavves, Vivian Girls, Faith No More (hehe I can wish), Flaming Lips (new album out in Oct.), Dinosaur Jr., Diplo, Here We Go Magic, Phoenix, White Rabbits, and Tugboat!

Kytrios wrote:
    Jay Reatard is a must, motion thirded! As well as The Warlocks and Boris.

I think both Dinosaur Jr. and The Warlocks are either on tour now or about to be, so F^3 Fest might be schedule-conflicting for them; but they would both be awesome to have there. If You're going to Dinosaur Jr. you might as well try to get Built to Spill. They're super awesome fun live.

Stars and Boris seconded!

12. RE: Bands

Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Lightning Bolt are starting to tour around their new album (which is awesome by the way) and they're playing the Fuck Yeah Fest which a lot of FFF Fest bands are playing as well. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to book them. I'm sure they'd love to come see all the rad bands and play the fest.

Also get Boris

13. RE: Bands

Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Regina Spektor or Modest Mouse. I know, dreaming too big.
    Dan Deacon was amazing last year, I didn't get enough.

14. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:02 PM

please bring shout out out out out, and also holyfuck

15. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Looks like there's quite a bit of support for Lightning Bolt... Very happy to see that. So...let's make it happen! We all know it's possible. Don't make me nag you guys until I see them on the bill, because I totally will.

16. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM

We Were Promised Jetpacks would be a nice continuation of the Scottish love that began with last years winning performance by Frightened Rabbit.

17. RE: Bands

Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM

FULL OF FANCY!!!

18. RE: Bands

Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Chromeo!!!

19. RE: Bands

Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM

...Ponytail, Pattern is Movement, ad astra per aspera, Yip-Yip, Beach House, Battles, Saul Williams, Grandchildren, Gang Gang Dance, Haunted Graffiti...

20. Moderator

RE: Bands

Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I would like to see Clutch play FFF Fest.