Moderator

Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Here we go again!

We have a chance to start guessing early. What do you guys think about a Guess the Fest contest? The person who guesses the most confirmed bands wins something extra special.

Weigh in, let's start rockin!

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:21 PM

    Anybody but the Eagles!
    Free your Mind and Your Ass will Follow!

  2. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM

    best coast, wavves, neon indian, beach house, black mountain, band of horses, andrew bird, andrew jackson jihad, ac newman, nickel eye, woods, zeitgeist, sea wolf, ariel pink, ac4, bright eyes, lightning dust, black angels, trail of dead, okkervil river, roky erikson, octopus project, pompeii, mars volta, deerhunter, deertick, pavement, built to spill, gaslight anthem,sonic youth, lou barlow, clues, deadmau5, kevin devine, mgmt, passion pit, she and him, almighty defenders, king kahn and the shrines, edward sharpe, soft pack, vampire weekend, tokyo police club, weakerthans, black kids, yeah yeah yeahs, islands, david bazan, hold steady, neil young, yacht, shins, elf power, my morning jacket, beck, sun kil moon, modest mouse, polvo, fever ray, grizzly bear, animal collective, passion pit, mgmet, girl talk, hot chip, the xx, devo, phoenix, little boots, shooter jennings, dead meadow, mogwai, broken social scene,antony and the johnsons,ok go, sunny day real estate, nada surf, mountain goats, belle and sebastian,mayer hawthorne,dinosaur feathers, new young pony club, you say party! we say die!, casiokids, crystal antlers, local natives, shout out louds, air, joanna newsom, drag the river, the temper trap, magnetic feilds, bon iver, quasi,the album leaf, surfer blood,future islands,rocky votolato,ray lamontagne

  3. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:17 PM

    Das Racist, Wavves, Kid Cudi, Ariel Pink, Fan Death, Faith no More, Jamaica, Sarah Silverman, Breakbot, Cavalera Conspiracy, Chromeo, Cut Copy, Glass Candy, Sloppy Seconds, The Subhumans, Major Lazer, Black Lips, Massive Attack, La Roux, Health, The Dwarves, The Meatmen, The Specials, Passion Pit, Against Me, Yacht, Hurts, Descendants, Primus, Flying Lotus, Sleighbells, Big Black (I WISH), 3 Inches of Blood, How to Destroy Angels, Thieves Like Us, Turbonegro, Big Business, Melvins, Telepathe, Hercules and Love Affair, Animal Collective, Ebony Bones, Battles, X, Guitar Wolf, Heartsrevolution, Appaloosa, Ninjasonik, Jaguar Love, Manu Chao, Justice, MSTRKRFT, Built to Spill, Friendly Fires, Gang Gang Dance, Daft Punk.
    Wat?
    www.inafh.com

  4. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 2:55 PM

    Lightning BOlt

  5. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:19 AM

    The Descendents, Kid Dynamite, Cap'n Jazz, Dropdead, The Muffs, Screeching Weasel, Los Crudos, Big Black, Dinosaur Jr, A Tribe Called Quest, Forgetters, Chain & The Gang, The Pixies, Eyehategod, Repulsion

  6. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM

    Clay Snot wrote:
    WEEN, Faith No More, Flipper, Butthole Surfers, Pavement, Melvins, Ariel Pink, Animal Collective, Girls, Yo La Tengo, DEVO, Gorillaz, LCD Soundsystem, Deerhunter, Neutral Milk Hotel, Sparklehorse, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Half Japanese, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, GWAR, Devendra Banhart, Fugazi, Battles, The Octopus Project, Indian Jewelry, Blonde Redhead, Black Flag, Isis, Ok Go, Man Man, Les Claypool, Sonic Youth, Gogol Bordello, Dr. Dog, Andrew Bird, Beach House, Tenacious D, Eugene Mirman, Tim and Eric, A.D Miles, David Cross, Doug Benson, Aziz Ansari, Mike Birbiglia, Sarah Silverman, Stella, Zack Galifinakis, etc..


    Sparklehorse passed back in March my friend

  7. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM

    When are you going to leak the news about Bad Religion? Huh? Huh?

    There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

  8. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 1:36 AM

    FACT: If you don't have a bank account, or friends who accept cash in order to purchase tickets using a debit card, you're totally boned for pre-sale FFF tickets.

    Having a bank account is apparently the new Punk Rock.

    Nevermind that many of us without one make the same amount as working folks, but can't open an account due to credit issues. So, when will online ticket sales catch up to the cash-only crowd? I only got in to FFF in 06 and 07 because of some easily scammed wannabe scalpers, and the past two years due to some proverbial dick-sucking of band members. But what am I, with no plastic card, to do nowadays? Are my bits of numbered paper not of any value now? Do I absolutely have to provide computerized analyses of my monetary worth just to go see a few punk bands?

    Somewhere, something went horribly wrong.

  9. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:03 AM

    PersonalRobotJesus wrote:
    FACT: If you don't have a bank account, or friends who accept cash in order to purchase tickets using a debit card, you're totally boned for pre-sale FFF tickets.

    Having a bank account is apparently the new Punk Rock.

    Nevermind that many of us without one make the same amount as working folks, but can't open an account due to credit issues. So, when will online ticket sales catch up to the cash-only crowd? I only got in to FFF in 06 and 07 because of some easily scammed wannabe scalpers, and the past two years due to some proverbial dick-sucking of band members. But what am I, with no plastic card, to do nowadays? Are my bits of numbered paper not of any value now? Do I absolutely have to provide computerized analyses of my monetary worth just to go see a few punk bands?

    Somewhere, something went horribly wrong.


    I mean you can go to the store and buy a temporary credit card with your cash...if it's that big of a deal to you..

  10. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:07 AM

    i just looked at bad religions tour dates, that's not a half bad assumption...

  11. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:17 AM

    too late!! but what do you think about..
    Mineral, Pavement, FacetoFace (again) Isis, Sea of thousand, Red Animal War, Hot Rod circuit, No Motiv,
    Appleseed cast, Hey Mercedes, American football (reunion), Algernon Cadwallader, Capsule, Cap'n Jazz, Cursive, Daughters, Dolcim, Russian circles, Phanters, three 6 mafia, Luna is honey, Gauntlet hair, Christie front drive, wu-tang clan, Ampere, the blood brothers, the one am radio, etc
    kisses!

  12. Moderator

    Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM

    PersonalRobotJesus wrote:
    FACT: If you don't have a bank account, or friends who accept cash in order to purchase tickets using a debit card, you're totally boned for pre-sale FFF tickets.

    Having a bank account is apparently the new Punk Rock.

    Nevermind that many of us without one make the same amount as working folks, but can't open an account due to credit issues. So, when will online ticket sales catch up to the cash-only crowd? I only got in to FFF in 06 and 07 because of some easily scammed wannabe scalpers, and the past two years due to some proverbial dick-sucking of band members. But what am I, with no plastic card, to do nowadays? Are my bits of numbered paper not of any value now? Do I absolutely have to provide computerized analyses of my monetary worth just to go see a few punk bands?

    Somewhere, something went horribly wrong.


    You can pay in cash day of the event at the front gate, and you can buy advance tickets at various shops in Austin before the event. None of the early bird discount stuff though.

  13. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM

    Schlitz wrote:
    When are you going to leak the news about Bad Religion? Huh? Huh?

    Listenyoungman: Yeah...I think you are right about Bad Religion....Pollstar says: Date: Fri 11/05/10 Location: Houston, TX Venue: TBA. So a quick stop in Houston....then on to FFF

  14. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    Faith No More would be ideal. Please.

  15. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    so who ended up winning this?

  16. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:24 PM

    Winners, don't worry, the check is in the mail, along with the supposed 'swag' from last year. Your prize? The most complicated ticket purchasing system ever!
    There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

  17. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:57 PM

    PersonalRobotJesus wrote:
    FACT: If you don't have a bank account, or friends who accept cash in order to purchase tickets using a debit card, you're totally boned for pre-sale FFF tickets.

    Having a bank account is apparently the new Punk Rock.

    Nevermind that many of us without one make the same amount as working folks, but can't open an account due to credit issues. So, when will online ticket sales catch up to the cash-only crowd? I only got in to FFF in 06 and 07 because of some easily scammed wannabe scalpers, and the past two years due to some proverbial dick-sucking of band members. But what am I, with no plastic card, to do nowadays? Are my bits of numbered paper not of any value now? Do I absolutely have to provide computerized analyses of my monetary worth just to go see a few punk bands?

    Somewhere, something went horribly wrong.


    get with the times, man! pre-paid credit cards are where it's at for online shopping for those of us without bank accounts.

    om nom nom

  18. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:39 PM

    Time to listen to who is coming!

    http://www.lonestarpowerhour.com/

    Enjoy!
    There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

  19. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM

    Man...I ended up guessing both Devo AND the Descendents on my initial attempt. That should be worth some sorta hindsight prize, eh?

  20. Re: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

    Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 8:44 AM

    so did they ever announce who won this? and what bands did they list?



    "eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"