Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:14 AM

Just curious how you guys who rolled PIP-style liked it and if you'd consider paying to go PIP again. Also, what kind of free beer was it?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I had PIP for my friend and I.... I say it was worth it. Just alone for the free booze (the free beer was miller lite, high life and something else) and the chance to eat food (we got chili pies, kabobs, corn, tacos, and gorditas). The only thing I found a little disappointing was when you were in the PIP section at the green stage (the tree house and food area)... the fence and tree blocked you from actually viewing the stage. That was my only real complaint... the show was incredible. Well worth travelling from Albuquerque to. Also the VIP tickets were never an option to buy on the site, so that was a bit disappointing when they were there and you couldn't upgrade... hehe overall GREAT FESTIVAL!! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! :)

2. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Mista PP wrote:
    Just curious how you guys who rolled PIP-style liked it and if you'd consider paying to go PIP again. Also, what kind of free beer was it?

They also had Fosters the first day. Both the ale and lager were gone by Sunday morning. Later in the evening they were down to only 12oz cans of High Life.

Still, the food and beer definitely made it worth the extra money for me. Those Fosters were 8$ normally, and I definitely drank the extra 75$.

3. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Yep, I'll do it again next year but I agree with patton. I wish they had some better viewing from the upper terrace or at least at some tub o'beer in the lower ones since you could only keep the booze up there.

4. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I don't drink beer (much), but enjoyed the cokes, Red Bulls, fruit bars, shade (on Saturday) and a quiet place to sit and re-charge. There was food, but I thought it could have been made available more frequently than it was.
    I'd like to see more covered areas for stage viewing to protect from sun and rain.
    For sure I would do PIP again. Well worth it, even for a non-beer guy like me.

5. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

PIP was 100% worth it! Someone already listed all types of beer that were free but they also had free water, red bull, and tea which was awesome. The food was another perk. We ate frito pie, double daves, kabobs, tacos and beans. Another cool thing was that PIP had the separate bathrooms. Yes they were porta potties but we still had water to wash our hands and they were in as bad shape as the public ones. The special viewing sections were nice, except for the blue stage, you could see everything and werent crowded. These passes are a steal and you have to work hard not make the ticket pay for itself.

6. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Cool, thanks for taking time to share that info, y'all! I didn't have any friends that went PIP-style and was curious to get the 411.

Thanks!!!

7. Moderator

RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Thank you guys for taking the time to provide your feedback. This was the first year PIP's were added so there's a solid jumping off point for how to make it even better next year.

I know Ricky is already stewin and brewin for 2010. He's probably reading our thoughts and transcribing them in his personalized moleskine.

Any other suggestions, thoughts, feedback?

8. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I'm confused about why us PIPs didn't get some of the things advertised when you bought the tickets, like the digital sampler, golden ticket, special FFF memorabilia...

I really feel jipped. Can a head honcho please explain?

9. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Seeing how i'm the tender age of 18, having free beer wouldn't (legally) do me much good. so the only real benefit, other than freebies, is vantage point (which isnt really a selling point, to be honest. i like being right up in the front), free food (the food was actually reasonably priced, and i could easily only go on one meal for the whole day). i think the pip-action should definitely have more inscentive. VIP access seems to be where it's at, though. I would LOVE to get up on that action.

10. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:25 PM

somethingblue wrote:
    I'm confused about why us PIPs didn't get some of the things advertised when you bought the tickets, like the digital sampler, golden ticket, special FFF memorabilia...

I apologize and also responded to a similar question in this thread: http://funfunfunfest.com/forum/FAQ/58435

With regards to the extra goodie bags promised, we are still working with Transmission Entertainment to see what we can do to get those to you PIP holders.

--
    Brent - Lead developer, Ground(ctrl)

11. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Very cool, Brent. Let us know what the story is here. BTW- I really do like the PIP option and have already knocked over a couple of liquor stores for next year.

12. Moderator

Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM

somethingblue wrote:

You are still getting them my friend. Its probably better a lot of the things are coming after the fest too. This way they aren't completely ruined or lost.

Plus you didn't have to keep track of anything other than mind blowing music acts (and booze) during the fest.

13. Moderator

Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

The sampler is up, punch in that code from your PIP wristband and download here: http://www.funfunfunfest.com/redeem

14. RE: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I got a poster. I guess this was the extra stuff? I sure hope since I PIP'ed I get some of those deliciously discounted tickets. Any updates on the PIP Perks (nearly a year later)?
    3333 plap! EEEE

15. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM

What are the changes to PIP for this year? Any extra goodies?

16. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:09 AM

peszcandy wrote:
    What are the changes to PIP for this year? Any extra goodies?

Everyone gets free HJs.
    --
    Brent - Lead developer, Ground(ctrl)

17. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:37 AM

HJs should always be free because really, they're not that fun. I mean, I can give myself an Hj.

Anyway, I love my PIP last year. Free beer? Yes please! I definitely got my money worth and probably made you guys lose a little bit.

18. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I think I'm going to get one of these passes this year because...fuckin' punk rock!
    t(-.-t)

19. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

if youre 21 its definatly worth it. free beer and food is nice. they promised some stuff we didnt get but they said itll be better this year. i'm getting one for sure.

20. Re: Hey PIPs, was it worth it?

Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM

okay, so my question is: do you buy an early big pass (didn't win tix lotto) and then upgrade to pip? Or do you just buy pip?