Camera Policy?

Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Does anyone know what the camera policy is? Need to know if 'professional cameras' are allowed or not. i.e. Are cameras with detachable lenses allowed into the show?

Thanks

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Camera Policy?

Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:37 PM

according to the "rules/faq" page, no professional cameras or video cameras. non-professional and disposable cameras are ok.

2. RE: Camera Policy?

Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:51 PM

So I guess as long as the camera doesn't have detachable lenses/flash we are ok?

Why raise kids when you can be rollin' on a Porsche.

3. hlk avatar hlk

RE: Camera Policy?

Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:03 AM

Ugh, that's a shame. So many "point & shoot" cameras are almost as good as SLR cameras now anyway, with huge zooms available, it's kind of pointless to single so-called professional cameras out and not allow them. Plus, all those photos that people take this weekend and upload to Flickr, Facebook, etc. are just great free publicity for the festival. The better the the photos look, the better the festival looks to people who didn't attend. I hope they reconsider this next time around.

4. RE: Camera Policy?

Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Now that DSLRs have gotten reasonably inexpensive it seems it's time to determine a new criteria for what's considered a "professional" camera (other than lens interchangeability). There are a bunch of people who have entry-level DSLRs as their only camera just because they take great snapshots...can we not bring cameras in?