Anybody doing the FFF Scavenger Hunt?

Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM

From an email I recv'd today:

FUN FUN FUN FEST SCAVENGER HUNT TO BENEFIT CARITAS
Win Weekend Passes, Upgrade to VIP and More…

WHAT: Fun Fun Fun Fest Scavenger Hunt, brought to you by TE & FYF Compete to win tickets to FFF, VIP Upgrade and the chance to be made legendary and famous.

WHERE: Kick off at Red 7 (611 7th Street, next to Beauty Bar) Ending location at Waterloo Park parking lot (12th and Red River)

DATE: Saturday, October 24

TIME: Sign up begins at 6:00P.M. and the hunt begins at 7:00P.M. sharp.

FEE: No fee. Five cans of food per person to benefit Caritas of Austin is the recommended donation. Items on the hunt will be donated to Caritas of Austin as well.
The Rules:

* Teams will be made up of 2 – 5 people.
* Each team MUST have a name.
* The Scavenger Hunt list will include 50 items, announced at kick off location.
* Each item is worth a specific amount of points.
* The team with the most points wins the grand prize and points will be totaled at end of the game.
* All teams will be encouraged to dress in costumes. This is worth 25 extra points (team portraits will be taken inside of Red 7). Examples: Gangs from The Warriors, fave band (ie Turbonegro, Run DMC, Devo, etc)...you get the point.
* MUST bring a digital camera of some sort, cellphone camera are OK as well.
* This is all ages and open to the public.

Prizes:

* The winning team will receive FFF Fest weekend passes for the entire team. IF the teammates already have fun fun fun passes, your tickets will be upgraded to PIPs.
* Over $500 in prizes and gift certificates to a number of our FFF vendors, such as: free haircuts from Birds Barbershop, gift card to Prototype Vintage, free food at Boomerang's Pies, free funnel cakes and more from Snowie onsite at fest, free gift certificates for food at Frank, free popcorn from Cornucopia, gift certificates to Woodland restaurant and Jamie's Spanish Village, free gift cards to Tiff's Treats cookie shop, Kebabaliscious awesomeness, bags and cell phone covers from Incase, Alamo Draft house passes and much, much more!
* Wizard Statue that is full of magic.
* FREE tickets to these TEN (!!!) upcoming Transmission Entertainment shows:
* Islands @ Mohawk (19/27)
* Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys) @ Red 7 (10/28)
* Black Angels @ Mohawk (10/30)
* Municipal Waste @ Red 7 (11/12)
* Thao and the get Down Stay Down @ Mohawk (11/12)
* Revival Tour w/ Chuck Ragan and more @ Red 7 (11/13)
* Friendly Fires, The XX @ Mohawk (11/19)
* Eyedea and Abilities w/ Themselves @ The Highball (11/19)
* J. Tillman (of Fleet Foxes) @ Mohawk (11/27)
* Cursive @ Mohawk (11/27)

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Anybody doing the FFF Scavenger Hunt?

Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:21 AM

i want to but i need to get a team together

2. RE: Anybody doing the FFF Scavenger Hunt?

Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM

i would join someone else's team - don't have the time to put one together myself.

3. RE: Anybody doing the FFF Scavenger Hunt?

Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

i did it.......did anyone else end up doing it?