2012 PIP Ideas?

Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM

We feel like we have finally come closer to perfecting the PIP experience, but we still want to hear from our homies that pay for these experiences! If you could put together a dream PIP package with 5 items that are a "must have", what would it be?

We already know that you get tickets to the fest, food & drinks, and PIP viewing areas. If you could bring the PIP experience to the "next level" of dopeness what would you include? GO!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I would honestly like to see the option to purchase a 'downgraded', cheaper PIP package that comes without the 'swag' (backpack, etc.). Maybe a SPIP (sorta pretty important person). hah.

I will say, that I found myself wishing ALL of the PIP viewing areas were laid out the same way as the orange PIP area. Meaning, I wish the other viewing areas had the same easy access to restrooms and drinks as the orange stage did. It would also be cool to have a couple outlets for charging devices at the PIP stage.

I was at the Blue stage for most of the festival, and it was frustrating have to leave my spot and walk a decent way every time I wanted another beer. Lazy, I know. But that's what I want from PIP.

2cents.

2. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I'm not sure if it'd be a complete logistical (or financial) nightmare, but giving the food system an overhaul would be the top thing on my list. The current system is great in theory, but when a place offers you just one eggroll for your meal ticket, there's a problem. A lot of the vendors seem receptive to the idea but still won't let you have certain items for a ticket.

Maybe having some sort of catered meal twice a day in either PIP area would help. I said in the other section of the forum that I'd even pay more for it. Obviously I have no idea what that would run you guys though. Or how it would reflect in prices for the pass. But it's a jumping off point.

3. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM

So I agree that drinks and restrooms in each of the PIP areas would be great, but I'd also like it if the viewing areas had, well, a better view.

4. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Not quite "must haves" but stuff i think would be mega sweet as part of the pip package

1. Limited edition vinyl sampler album with gatefold and lots of pretty artwork
    2. mini book with lots of pretty pictures about the history and bands that have played the fest
    3. limited edition Fun Fun Fun Fest bowls. For the queso fountain i'm sure you're thinking of installing in the pip areas
    4. super cool button and patches set, you know, so all the punk kids can sew em on to their denim vests
    5. bad ass limited edition silk screened FFF7 poster that will make all non pip-sters jelly

now on to what i think PIP needs improving on. I agree with cmirsky that ALL the PIP areas should be set up like the orange stage. Also please don't run out of beer. And it would be nice to get those 24oz tecate cans instead of the tiny baby cans, Hated losing my spot to go all the way to the pip area to get another beer. Bigger beer means less trips to the pip area. purdy sure i mentioned it before, but it would be nice if there were food vendors in the pip area just for us. I spent a lot of time waiting in food lines.

5. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Those are some pretty rad ideas. We'll see what we can do.

6. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM

A water bottle, that's the one thing I needed. I ended up getting one from the fine folks at Stanley but it got jacked. I'm still rockin' all the goodies I got with the last one.

7. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM

1. The food deal needs to be executed better. A ticket should mean something substantial, and you shouldn't have to add a few bucks to get a good item.

2. I liked the limited edition poster idea ^^.

3. Please don't run out of beer.

4. The free Red Bull the first day and a half was a nice touch.

5. I really like the Chrome bag from last year. It was very useful during the fest, and it really sealed the deal on getting a PIP pass.

8. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I echoed the above statements. I really loved the way the Orange PIP viewin' place was set up. It was really nice being able to view/drink/potty in the same spot. It was pretty freaking awesome. If the other ones also had such a great setup it would only make it that much better. Also, the food situaish' was pretty okay. I didn't eat a ton, and I wasn't torqued at having to pay out a few bucks extra for something awesome that wasn't offered, but I did feel like the vendors hated dealing with the food ticket peeps. I felt like a used car salesman having to be like, "yo, for like an extra couple of bucks could I get the beef/lamb instead of the chicken?" And then everyone in the line was like, "seriously?" just eat the slop your PIP got you. But, I understand the logistical nightmare. Add like another $12 to the cost of the PIP and give each ticket like a couple more bucks in value so they are excited to give you food and you can get expanded options. Other than that, open up the pre-sale so I can get mine bought already!!!

9. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Seriously, the Chrome bag was amazing! really neat things in the bag was a great selling point as well!

10. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM

MunicipalWaylan wrote:
    A water bottle, that's the one thing I needed. I ended up getting one from the fine folks at Stanley but it got jacked. I'm still rockin' all the goodies I got with the last one.

My Stanley thermos just got jacked at Bonnaroo :(

11. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 12:01 AM

What about nonalcoholic drinks for pip, aside from a water bottle?
    -alaynah-

12. RE: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

ok, 5 things that would make pip "next level" or whatever... here are some things i think would be great.

1. tshirt
    2. handkerchief
    3. PIP parking passes. yes, we should get a lot or something that's really close to the fest. though i gotta say the shuttle service was decent.
    4. yo i was jealous there was ice cream in the homie zone last year, and not in the pip areas. give us ice cream.
    5. also yeah, please don't run out of beer again. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, please have "over 21" wristbands in the actual pip bars. last year i went to get my first beer, and i had to walk way off somewhere far away to get a wristband, then go back to get my free beer. that was hella dumb and you know it.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

13. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

alaynahabobo wrote:
    What about nonalcoholic drinks for pip, aside from a water bottle?
    -alaynah-

Pretty sure there were juices in there too or maybe it was 2010, I was drinking a lot of beer

14. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 7:29 AM

There was plenty of tea to be had last year.

15. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

1. The viewing areas - get me closer to the stage... PLEASE!!! Last year I felt like y'all shoulda packec some limited edition FFF binoculars in those Chrome bags, so we could actually see the stage from our cush viewing area (which, btw, really were much nicer than previous years, just too damn far away).
    2. I would LOVE some other beer options. I realize there are sponsorship things going on here, but honestly... why not Lone Star? Alternatively, how 'bout a limited amount of booze being available in PIP? Maybe?
    3. I did not have a problem at all with the food situation that some of the others brought up. I ate well & never once felt like the vendors were bothered by serving me. Would be cool if there were maybe some sort of snack type things available in the PIP areas or something.

I honestly have only used my Chrome bag once or twice the entire time I've had it & didn't use it at all during the fest. I'm sure some people get all excited for the hip little goodies like that, but I'd honestly rather see the money used for those go towards improving the beverage options & upgrading the food... or just bring the price down a bit. If I really thought I needed the uber hip accessory, I'd just go buy myself one.

16. Re: 2012 PIP Ideas?

Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM

There were snacks in the pip viewing areas last year. They had honest tea and some sort of bar formed snack
    NAW DUDE!