Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Why the F not

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

f'n a ! F apple !

2. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:12 PM

seriously, this is discrimination against a growing market of users. now I'm not about to boycott my favorite event of the year but I am disappointed in this lack of love for Android. let's be honest, Android isn't locked to a particular device and that means two things; 1) it's growing incredibly fast, and 2) different devices create problems for developers (different specs for different phones often means quality control problems). I would really enjoy and F3Fest app though...
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.

3. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM

i was told that there wasnt enough time to develop both
    blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

4. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Maybe next year. Yes Steven, you are totally right. Different software/hardware inherently create separate issues. As a fest that tries to cater to a wide demographic we had to go with a platform that was stable, and could integrate properly with the current system that's in place (our website).

5. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Add me to the list of folks who would dig an Android app. I went to the Mastodon show last night and was surprised by how many folks used Androids to take their obligatory concert shots. I think I only saw one iPhone.

In the meantime, a mobile version of the FFF site would be fantastic. The current site does not render well on a mobile device.

6. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:28 PM

iphones rule :)

7. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:35 AM

This video sums up the issue about about as well as anyone can.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

8. Re: No FFF6 app for Android?

Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Here is one more datapoint. There are now significantly more androids than iPhones. Loved the festival but please get with it next year on the Android app:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/the-one-chart-you-need-to-see-to-understand-mobile-2011-11

9. RE: No FFF6 app for Android?

Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM

have they develop or started it for andriod yet?
    Kiara Lemus