PIP Pass Rules

Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Will we be allowed to leave the PIP area with our beer?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM

the map on the app shows only ONE unlimited PIP "Baus" beer area.... are you kidding me?? I already have to deal with some friends that arent PIP this year and now i have to drag them to that ONE spot over and over and let them watch me drink behind some kind of fence??? no fair no fair.

2. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM

yeah honestly that excuse doesn't cut it. you need to include this information in the description of the item. and not give misleading info on facebook posts. i absolutely hate it when i'm a paying customer and i'm treated like a child,unable to handle that responsibility. especially when i pay close to 600 bucks to be a paying customer. here's to hoping this policy isn't well enforced! all my friends have PiP passes, too, (i talked them into it, yer welcome fun fest) so it's not like i have anyone to GIVE that beer to.

3. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:32 PM

let's just hope that fff's post on facebook the other day is correct, and there won't be any problem with pip's leaving the pip area with one beer. i just cannot imagine them trying to confine us with the brews. it'll only lead to binge drinking (and puking), or alcohol abuse- that is, ppl dumping out half-drank beers so they can leave the area.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

4. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Well looking at my Map it actually shows two bar areas for pip beer. One by the Orange stage and one inbetween the black and blue stage. Not too bad. In years past did they have you wait in lines to get beer or was it just able to be grabbed?

5. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM

not on the map i am looking at on my iphone. i only see a PIP drinking area in between blue and white... i mean this is a rule that everyone wants to break, so a majority of people are probably going to try and thats no good for any of us. figure it out FFF!! I want a drink in my hand while im dancing to AUSTRA!

6. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM

yeah, there normally wasn't much of a wait time for beer last year. It just sucked having to be in the beer area while shows were going on ... wear cargo pants, and sneak the booze out, or something.

7. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Last year (2010) we PIP'd, two other friends and myself. Having posted before about the relative merits to PIP or not, i feel like an update is wanting.

Yes, PIP is/was fun (2010,) but there were several caveats - for what it's worth, since FFF6 is this weekend, I will try to explain why am I not doing PIP this year.

Number 1: The beer. It is Heineken. It does not mention this is the case anywhere really; it just says free beer. Which is a misnomer anyway, since you're paying for it dearly. The first day was exclusively Heineken Light. After the Friday night Weird Al show, I imagine a huge uproar was made because we started getting regular Heineken that Saturday and Sunday.

I am not a beer snob, and I realize corporate sponsorship is essential in these ventures, but it is sort of incongruous to have so many good local craft beers available in Austin, yet not for festival goers.

2. The food. We received food vendor tickets, "Good for one (1) item," they proclaimed. We also could just grab vegan or chicken burritos from Chipotle at the PIP area. Again, not stated at time of purchase and not expected. (I apologize for the lateness of this review again.) The tickets would not be honored by any vendors, so it was Chipotle for three straight days... not bad but then again... not up to expectation given at time of purchase.

3. The PIP viewing area at Waterloo Park was tens of yards behind the main crowd and you could only barely see orange stage. No idea how this will change for Auditorium Shores.

In conclusion, did we get drunk? Yes. Did you have to wait in line? Most of the time you could walk up and grab, but between important set breaks, there was two huge lines that moved pretty briskly, ~5-6 minutes only. Were we able to take out drinks? Yes, but just one after a few people were seen handing beers to non-PIPers, inevitable really. Were we fed? Yes, at the end of the festival many of us loaded up our backpacks with Chipotle burritos and handed them out to homeless people by the shelter on 8th Street. Did it meet expectation? Not even close.

Hope you all have fun! ! !

I will be with the great unwashed masses this year.

FUN FUN FUN

boom

8. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:24 AM

Ok look. Someone needs to clarify this because I refuse to believe that a rule would be put into place that would actually prevent the people who've been willing to pony up the most cash for tickets for the perks to not actually be able to drink their free beers while actually watching the show.

Surely, SURELY, someone can clarify this. Why wouldn't you just have beer people at each of the PIP viewing areas? Can someone from the fest give us the skinny on what's actually going on and how you guys are going to enable us to watch the shows while enjoying the beverages we've paid in advance for at the same time?

9. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM

At the very least, there could be a little clarification on the FFF Facebook saying you're allowed to take one beer out at a time.

10. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM

check the previous page, there is not only a ground control dude responding, but someone throwing a link to a fb post. basically, i'm guessing this is gonna be one of those "we'll see when we get there" kinda deals. just please, people, if you do get in there and beer can come out, DO NOT start handing it to yer friends. otherwise they just might start being hard asses about it, and who would we be to blame em.

11. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:17 AM

The answer to the thread is....

You can bring ONE beer out of PIP at a time.

End of discussion.

Now go have fun.

12. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 7:42 PM

All of the PiPers took their beers off premise last year.

13. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I am getting ready to buy my ticket for this years FFF Fest. Not sure if I'm going to go peasant level or PIP. One I need to know, is free beer available at the official night shows in smaller venues, (Red 7, Mohawk, Beerland and such) or only available at the big outdoor event at Auditorium Shores?

14. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Just at auditorium shores ya dang necroposter
    NAW DUDE!

15. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Well then screw the PIP, I don't want schwag and I won't drink enough beer at the day shows to make it worth while. Thanks for info.

16. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Convinced. I bought my PIP pass!

17. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:36 AM

bought myself a PIP pass!!!! yeah!!

18. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Me and my friend are coming from Australia and we have both bought PIP passes

19. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM

WTF DUZ PIP STAND FOR?
    - xoxo Fartbarf

20. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I hear that all 3 days of FFF7 are on Opposite Day...
    "Fuck Yrself Into A Coma!"