PIP Pass Rules

Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Will we be allowed to leave the PIP area with our beer?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Has that been the case in the past? This will be my first year doing PIP.

2. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I was curious about this as well...

3. Moderator

RE: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Free PIP beers are confined to the PIP area, however there is a second PIP bar located on the oposite side of the fest grounds to keep your buzz from wearing off in transit.

I know a stand up PIPer like you would never take advantage of the free beers and pass em to your non-PIP homies outside the PIP bar, but these are tough times and not all PIPs can be trusted, especially after hours of free beer... morals erode and lines become hazy.

4. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 5:35 PM

huh what, all of the PiPers took their beers off premise last year.

5. Moderator

Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 11:13 PM

treygar wrote:
    huh what, all of the PiPers took their beers off premise last year.

If that happened it wasn't the official policy, sounds like some PIPers found a loophole.

6. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Definitely won't be using the chrome back pack to sneak out beers
    NAW DUDE!

7. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM

You should probably provide that kind of information in the PiP store page. Not a fan of paying you guys shitloads of money to be imprisoned in a specific area. I would have just bought my own damn beers if that were the case, because I tend to pretty much always keep a beer on me at all times.

8. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Scumbag Sean wrote:
    You should probably provide that kind of information in the PiP store page. Not a fan of paying you guys shitloads of money to be imprisoned in a specific area. I would have just bought my own damn beers if that were the case, because I tend to pretty much always keep a beer on me at all times.

Yeah - I completely agree with that statement! I'm a little pissed to be reading this shit now. Especially after I specifically asked this question more than once while trying to decide whether or not to shell out the money for PIP tickets this year. In every instance I was told that PIPs were allowed to leave the are with their beers. This really sucks!

9. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Oh, my.
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley

~BonnieBlowtorch

10. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 9:35 AM

last year, there wasnt anyone police-ing what you took in OR out of the pip area. hell, the people standing at the foot of the pip area were playing angry birds half the time i was going back & forth. i guess we'll just have to see when we get there. it would suck if we have to stay in confined areas.
    d

11. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Totally understand why you guys might be a little bugged and seem like you'll be "confined" to the PIP area(s)....but think of it THIS way for a minute.

You like beer. You like unlimited beer. By allowing PIP's to leave the PIP area with beer and give it to people who didn't pay the money for that free beer is just taking YOUR beer and limiting the amount that is left. Do you really want people taking YOUR free beer?

The way I see it is there is by keeping free beer inside the PIP area you insure that beer won't run out and people aren't getting the "hook-up" without paying for it. Make sense?

12. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:45 AM

J No(ctrl) wrote:
    Totally understand why you guys might be a little bugged and seem like you'll be "confined" to the PIP area(s)....but think of it THIS way for a minute.

You like beer. You like unlimited beer. By allowing PIP's to leave the PIP area with beer and give it to people who didn't pay the money for that free beer is just taking YOUR beer and limiting the amount that is left. Do you really want people taking YOUR free beer?

The way I see it is there is by keeping free beer inside the PIP area you insure that beer won't run out and people aren't getting the "hook-up" without paying for it. Make sense?

https://www.facebook.com/funfunfunfest/posts/10150895043695381

So which is it? No beer leaves the PIP area or one beer can leave the PIP area? And are PIP spaces connected, or will PIP folks be downing brew at the bar between sets?

13. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM

yeah it really doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be able to enjoy your beer while watching a band. that would be a definite change from last year, and something that would have been good to know before purchasing pip passes.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

14. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I kinda think that every stage should have it's own PIP drinking area, no? That way, PIPers would have no need to leave with beers. I don't necessarily need to be stage-side with my beer but I would definitely like to be able to see the bands. Again, I can't really complain, since free beer is free beer, but I think that F3F works so well because it feels different than all the other fests, which seem more about rule-enforcing, etc...

I'd kinda like to think that us Funners are above passing free beers, but people constantly let me down, so...there ya are.

15. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I have a few issues with the explanation as it was given, but how upset I am by this will have to wait until I see a lay out map. But for now...

J No(ctrl) wrote:

I do like beer. I especially like the "limitless beer" that was included in the PIP ticket description, so is running out even something to be considered? How does one go about limiting something that's "limitless"? and if it's MY beer, can't I take it where I choose? You're also taking a large leap by saying "PIP leaving the area = PIP giving away beer." Do you have no faith in the people who are attending your festival? I don't know, I guess I'm irked because I agree with Phillip above me; I enjoyed FFF last year and that it didn't feel like a police state, and now we're talking about policing where I go with a beer.

There has got to be a better way of saying that...

16. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:34 PM

*sigh* This rule is just crazy stupid. By keeping the PIP drinking confined to small areas you risk over crowded PIP areas, long lines for limitless beer, and people getting crazy stupid drunk crazy stupid early ("oh shit! insertrandombandnamehere is about to start! I better chug this beer really quick so I can see them play!"). FFF, you have good intentions behind this plan, but the risks are gonna be high. My recommendations: One beer per PIP per visit to the bar and put PIP beers in (re-useable?) plastic cups ... every one else will have beer in cans. If ya catch someone without a PIP laminate that has a plastic cup o' beer than you know someone's sneaking beers out. But I'm just a paying customer, not a festival maker, my ideas might be shit.

17. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Honestly, that last sentence wasn't meant to sound so rude... my ideas might really be shitty, I don't know, I have no idea what it takes to throw a festival

18. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM

the map on the app shows only ONE unlimited PIP "Baus" beer area.... are you kidding me?? I already have to deal with some friends that arent PIP this year and now i have to drag them to that ONE spot over and over and let them watch me drink behind some kind of fence??? no fair no fair.

19. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM

yeah honestly that excuse doesn't cut it. you need to include this information in the description of the item. and not give misleading info on facebook posts. i absolutely hate it when i'm a paying customer and i'm treated like a child,unable to handle that responsibility. especially when i pay close to 600 bucks to be a paying customer. here's to hoping this policy isn't well enforced! all my friends have PiP passes, too, (i talked them into it, yer welcome fun fest) so it's not like i have anyone to GIVE that beer to.

20. Re: PIP Pass Rules

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:32 PM

let's just hope that fff's post on facebook the other day is correct, and there won't be any problem with pip's leaving the pip area with one beer. i just cannot imagine them trying to confine us with the brews. it'll only lead to binge drinking (and puking), or alcohol abuse- that is, ppl dumping out half-drank beers so they can leave the area.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"