Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Would any Austintonians like to provide recommendations for good, cheap hotels/motels within drunk-staggering distance of the shindig? It doesn't need to be ritzy, just a place to call home for two days. Any advice would be very appreciated. I'm that kinda guy.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Anyone?

2. RE: Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Phillip wrote:
    Anyone?

Cheap and within walking distance? There's a Super 8 at I-35 and 12th Street, and a La Quinta on 11th and San Jacinto. FFF Saturday is also a University of Texas home football game, so expect rates to be higher and rooms to be scarcer.

3. RE: Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 9:51 AM

michael wrote:
    Phillip wrote:
    Anyone?

Cheap and within walking distance? There's a Super 8 at I-35 and 12th Street, and a La Quinta on 11th and San Jacinto. FFF Saturday is also a University of Texas home football game, so expect rates to be higher and rooms to be scarcer.

Thanks for the heads-up, Michael...didn't know about the football game. I'll look into the other two you mentioned. Thanks!

4. RE: Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Yeah, cheap *and* within walking distance *and* where you'll feel safe enough to pass out is a bit tough. There's Brackenridge Hospital across the street and the Texas Capital building 2 blocks over, both of which are open 24 hours and may offer a bench/niche to hide away in for a few hours of rest. But I'm not officially condoning that... ;)

Good luck!