Replies to This Posting

1. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Just got the email. 10x drinks per day. Very reasonable!

This year, all PIPs will receive the following:

Access to 180 shows for 3 days at FFF 2012
    Express lane access at the gates
    Private Bathrooms
    Private Viewing Decks
    Swag bag: Custom Chrome Bag, Custom Stanley Water Bottle, Nautical Bandana
    Catered Meals 2x/day
    Beverages 10x/day

Liquor items for purchase
    Entry to all FFF Nites shows*

2. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM

The email:

PIP Is A Better Value Than Ever

FFF is excited to present PIP 2012, the most valuable PIP package ever produced at FFF!

The goals of PIP 2012: Enhance the experience, improve sight lines and leisure, increase the value of the package, eliminate abuse, and align better with all TABC laws.

One thing that we learned is that we can improve the PIP experience in a few different ways, to keep it a growing a fun part of the festival for select customers. This year we will address the issue that FFF can no longer allow a few PIP customers to give PIP products to non PIP customers - it affects everyone else in PIP negatively. So we have taken steps to fix that.

Secondly, we learned that we must do a better job of aligning with TABC for everyones safety. For this year, all daily PIP amenities will be measured and accounted for, according to the law - and this will be administered through a detailed lanyard menu. This will help us provide the rigor and accountability that Texas requires, while still providing the party that you paid for. There will be no tickets or vouchers to keep up with, as all amenities will be covered on your lanyard.

Lastly, as always - don'e be an a-hole and ruin it for everyone else. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

This year, all PIPs will receive the following:

1. Access to 180 shows for 3 days at FFF 2012
      Express lane access at the gates
      Private Bathrooms
      Private Viewing Decks
      Swag bag: Custom Chrome Bag, Custom Stanley Water Bottle, Nautical Bandana
      Catered Meals 2x/day
      Beverages 10x/day
      Liquor items for purchase
      Entry to all FFF Nites shows*
      $175 (gen ad) +$180 (bev) +$60 (grub) +$160 (swag) +50 (bath/deck) = $625+ Value
      *subject to venue capacity

These physical items such as swag, laminates, and lanyard will be picked up at the PIP entrance to the park or at Club DeVille tomorrow (November 1st) from noon-midnight.

Value:

Primary: Over $625

Secondary: *Seeing RUN DMC and Refused reunite while dodging flying tacos and Johnny Rotten with a happy belly full of grub and booze in Austin, Texas = PRICELESS

Legal:
    All drinks must be paid and accounted for - 'unlimited and free' is not legal according to TABC law, which is why this year, PIP has been presented as either 'free beer or beer' within the guidelines.
    All PIP customers have pre purchased their food and beverage with their ticket purchase, and those items will be evenly distributed out over the course of 3 days.
    Yes, we will honor rollover minutes.

Please refer to the GroundCTRL ticket policy for any other questions or concerns, or contact Ground CTRL on site or at 877-GND-CTRL

3. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM

When I purchased this ticket it was stated that the beer was unlimited and the food would be from the vendor of my choice. I also don't consider 50 bucks of my ticket going to a separate bathroom. That's horse shit. Who do I contact for a refund, or do I need to gather the information about what I originally paid for and get it to my credit card company for a charge back?

Thanks for the fucking warning on this one guys, what, less than two days before the show?
    There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

4. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I find 10x beers a day to be decent, not great and something I can live with. "Rollover minutes" does this mean I can drink 5 beers on Friday and 15 on Saturday? I certainly am not going to drink 10 beers on Sunday as I am flying out early Monday.

The ONE thing I didn't see was non alcoholic drinks and snacks listed anywhere. Does the 10x day beverage mean we have a choice between Beer, Water, Iced Tea

5. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Wow, this is disappointing. While 10 beers a day may seem reasonable (admittedly, it is more than I care to drink but free unlimited beer was a selling point for my wife, who needed some coercing) it was not what was advertised and to throw this in two days out after everybody has already spent their money on nonrefundable tickets is ridiculous.

After being burned on Riot Fest earlier this year, which started selling separate after party tickets after advertising specifically that only 3 day pass holders could get in ((which led to no/few actual pass holders getting into any of the shows because they sold tix to nearly capacity)) I think I'm about done with festivals.

Changing the rules in the middle of the game sucks.

6. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:32 PM

JamesFiend wrote:
    Wow, this is disappointing. While 10 beers a day may seem reasonable (admittedly, it is more than I care to drink but free unlimited beer was a selling point for my wife, who needed some coercing) it was not what was advertised and to throw this in two days out after everybody has already spent their money on nonrefundable tickets is ridiculous.

After being burned on Riot Fest earlier this year, which started selling separate after party tickets after advertising specifically that only 3 day pass holders could get in ((which led to no/few actual pass holders getting into any of the shows because they sold tix to nearly capacity)) I think I'm about done with festivals.

Changing the rules in the middle of the game sucks.

I experienced the same thing at Riot Fest this year in Chicago, and that was a huge disappointment, but at least Riot Fest advertised their VIP tickets as including 10 beers a day and not, 'until the well runs dry' as communicated by FFF.

While 10 beers a day seems reasonable, we're talking 12oz cans of swill during a 10 hour festival. If a decent beer were available, I think I'd be less pissy about the whole ordeal.

There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

7. ODP avatar ODP

Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Yeah, it is totally lame. They TOTALLY backed out of what they said. Now they are desperately trying to justify it, right before the show strangely enough... I love the values they placed on everything. My decision too buy the PIP was based on one thing, the beer, nothing else. None of they other items have any value to me. Sucks a lot. I am already in for the $325 for the ticket plus $250 for my plane ticket which I cannot refund this late. Of course I am not happy, but I have some good friends down there so I will have fun nevertheless. I just wish I had an opportunity to budget for this. I will see you all down there and if you want to party up, let me know!

8. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Luckily we can carry around all our disappointment in our fanny packs!!!

Speaking of other things we aren't getting, I could've sworn there was supposed to be a lithograph included with PIP as well?

At least the bands are still playing (assuming Sandy hasn't stopped anyone hopefully)

9. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM

This is minor but wasn't our swag also suppose to include a FFF lithograph?

10. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  11. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I just got the email as well. I want to see if I actually get 10 dollars per meal ticket as they have had the problem with meal vouchers in years past.
    Also their beer value puts each at $3 bucks a piece, so I wonder if it will even be a full 12 oz. This really came as a hit to the chest since, like most of you, the entire purchase choice of PIP...Well they got my money this year, but next year will be a different story.

12. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM

This whole situation is lame as fuck. I still haven't received the "official" PIP email about this, even though I paid my $325 (a decision I'm regretting more and more by the hour) but at least I was able to read the details on the forum. Apparently, having their website hijacked took all of the wind out of their sails this year. Blogging doesn't work (for me at least), no communication, "unlimited" becomes "10"...it just goes on and on. This is the only vacation I allow myself each year and I've been going for 4 years now. After this ridiculous debacle, I seriously doubt if they'll get me back to F3F next year, much less spend the extra money for PIP. And $50 for bathrooms? C'mon, guys: refund me the $50 and I'll shit where everyone else does. I've been crapping in disgusting porta-potties since I went to my first Warped Tour in the mid-'90s: I don't need anything fancy. Plus, that will let me buy about eight more beers if I run out of tickets. This went from something I was looking forward to all year to something I've been dreading for the past several days. Thanks much, guys...

13. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I want to edit all their signs to only include one Fun because three funs is too much. They say that couldn't do unlimited. Fair enough, bump it to 20. I'll be there for 10 hours, even with 2 beers an hour I wouldn't be getting tanked. Maybe it will be 10 large cups? *le sigh*

14. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Yeah *le sigh* - This was the first year I actually ponied up for the PIP (and my 6th F3F). We'll see how it goes... especially after they mailed my stuff to the wrong address.

$50 port-a-potties? They better have some nice fucking toilet paper. And plenty of it.

15. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM

sheeshoo wrote:
    Yeah *le sigh* - This was the first year I actually ponied up for the PIP (and my 6th F3F). We'll see how it goes... especially after they mailed my stuff to the wrong address.

$50 port-a-potties? They better have some nice fucking toilet paper. And plenty of it.

Like in Coming to America- You clap your hands and yell WIPERS

16. Moderator

RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Hey guys, Please feel free to stop by early bird checkin tomorrow at Club DeVille between noon and midnight, or at the PIP checkin, we would love to talk about your concerns and work on solutions. All three fun's will be delivered, you can count on it.

17. Moderator

Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Wiggum wrote:
    I find 10x beers a day to be decent, not great and something I can live with. "Rollover minutes" does this mean I can drink 5 beers on Friday and 15 on Saturday? I certainly am not going to drink 10 beers on Sunday as I am flying out early Monday.

The ONE thing I didn't see was non alcoholic drinks and snacks listed anywhere. Does the 10x day beverage mean we have a choice between Beer, Water, Iced Tea

Yes, you can save unused Friday beers for Saturday and so on.

18. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 8:52 PM

So in essence, the way I am reading this, you're saying the TABC rules work like this - we have pre-purchased 30 beers with our PIP pass at $6 each (but really we're getting those 30 beers at $5 each since the PIP pass was $150 over the $175 for the 3-day pass) and we're getting the extra crap thrown in.

19. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Greg(ctrl) wrote:

Yes, you can save unused Friday beers for Saturday and so on.

In the past you all had free iced tea, and other stuff. Is tat happening again or do we have to use our 10x for that stuff now?

20. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM

My blog wasn't letting me post so I decided to put my thoughts here*:

I know the there is a lot of shit going on with the whole "10 beers per day" thing. I get that TABC has cracked down and they have to follow the rules. The reason I bought my PIP Pass, the reason why I know all of my friends have shelled out for PIP too, is for unlimited beer. I don't make a lot of money by any means. I bought a three day pass last year and decided to do PIP this year because I spent a lot of money on beer last year that it made more sense to do PIP this time. Probably the shittiest thing about this is that this whole debacle was sprung on us two days before. I'm right there with y'all when it comes to $50 for a fucking portapotty? It's a portapotty. Unless there is someone there to wipe my ass, I'll happily go where others go if that means I can get more beer. Ten beers is a good amount but not for an all day affair. Who do they think the people who bought PIP for unlimited beer are? Not light drinkers. I get it, rules are rules. I'm a little peeved but I have friends who are PISSED. It's one of my friend's birthday this weekend and he bought PIP for that occasion, which he has done in years past. Now he isn't able to celebrate in the fashion that he was expecting. This should have been something that was clear from the beginning so people, people like myself who have to scrimp and save for a $325 ticket, can make a better informed decision. I'm still excited, this weekend is a vacation for me, but it has definitely been tarnished.