Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM

    do you know what types of beer are avaible im allergic to most beers but can handle coors light, bud light and miller light. I bought pip passes but would be super bumbed if i couldn't drink anything. Do you know if any will be on the menu?

  2. Moderator

    Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM

    Tailormade wrote:
    do you know what types of beer are avaible im allergic to most beers but can handle coors light, bud light and miller light. I bought pip passes but would be super bumbed if i couldn't drink anything. Do you know if any will be on the menu?


    That condition sounds awful... with that said the available beers as in years past will be Heineken, Heineken light, & Heineken dark.

  3. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM

    Thanks for responding to the thread, Greg: I know that you've made me feel a lot better about everything! Can't wait to be at the Shores in a week!

  4. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:18 PM

    Well thats terrible! are there any gluten free liquors? i feel like the pip is a waste now :( why are there such limited beer options????

  5. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM

    Sponsors.

  6. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

    Well thats very unfortunate. Im a huge music fan and was really excited for my first time at this event and wish I could enjoy a good beer at the show. I also wont get the perks of the food with 26 food allergies so im hoping these vip stages and bathrooms rock or ill be a very sad lady.

  7. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

    thank you for the announcement, greg, that's what I wanted to hear & now I'm happy again.

    (except for the fact that the once mighty state that gave us sam houston and the butthole surfers seems to now be making a problem out of giving people beer... what has the world come to?)

  8. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 8:02 AM

    Thank you for responding. I will wait until next week to see if our fears are true or not. I'm not looking to get obnoxiously drunk. In fact I don't plan on being DRUNK at all, but I do plan on drinking for a few hours of time. I just didn't want to be limited to 4-6 beers or so over the course of the day.

    Lalac, thats cool coming from Croatia. How long of a flight is that?

  9. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

    14 hours' trip total - two hrs to paris, then two hrs between flights, and finally 10 hrs to houston. next day we take the greyhound to austin, spend 5 days there, then fly to SF and a week later drive to LA. a honeymoon type thing. :)

  10. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 11:58 AM

    Lalac wrote:
    14 hours' trip total - two hrs to paris, then two hrs between flights, and finally 10 hrs to houston. next day we take the greyhound to austin, spend 5 days there, then fly to SF and a week later drive to LA. a honeymoon type thing. :)


    WOW. Thats some trip. My buddy Joe and I were thinking of doing a festival in Europe next year. Norway maybe, or some UK festival. I am dreading that type of flight. I don't mind flying. I am not afraid to fly, I'm afraid that I will be afraid to fly. :-)

  11. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  12. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:19 AM

    Lalac wrote:
    here's what we have to offer: http://www.terraneofestival.com/en/Index

    http://www.last.fm/festival/3177732+Terraneo+Festival+2012
    http://www.last.fm/festival/1859530+Terraneo+Festival

    can't beat listening to the fall or the swans on the seaside :)


    Looks cool. Some good bands last year.

  13. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

    Hey Greg/other mods,

    when r we getting those clarification emails?



    "eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

  14. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM

    ... still waiting on the clarification email...

    (beginning to think the PIP is not worth it)

  15. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM

    I sure did get the email about the FFF merch available. Why aren't you answering this question? We paid good money for these tickets but they really seem like we are getting the same as the regular ticketholders except we get bandanas and fanny packs (wtf?), probably will stick with ACL from now on...

  16. K@ avatar K@

    Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

    I too am waiting for the clarification email, as well as my wristbands. :( probably have to go to Club Deville tomorrow and pick them up. BOO, this whole process this time around has sucked: ordered early bird as soon as I could a year ago, upgraded to PIP almost as soon as I could (about a week after they announced it), but no discount for being early bird, then wasn't charged for 3 1/2 months until I called and called and opened support ticket, finally charged, and no wristbands for me, have to go pick them up. AND, free beverages is now limited including beer/water, food doesn't sound like it will be 2 meal tickets anywhere I want at any time I want, but more like a catered thing, which sounds like all PIPers will be trying to eat at the same time, and what if I'm not hungry when they're catering. a clarification email will help, maybe, but I guess I'll have to live through it before I really know. But, I will not forsake FFF yet for ACL. FFF has become my new, much improved ACL. Let's hope it stays that way.

    ever hopeful...
    K@


    edit: finally got the email at 5:03 PM today.

  17. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:52 AM

    K@ wrote:
    I too am waiting for the clarification email, as well as my wristbands. :( probably have to go to Club Deville tomorrow and pick them up. BOO, this whole process this time around has sucked: ordered early bird as soon as I could a year ago, upgraded to PIP almost as soon as I could (about a week after they announced it), but no discount for being early bird, then wasn't charged for 3 1/2 months until I called and called and opened support ticket, finally charged, and no wristbands for me, have to go pick them up. AND, free beverages is now limited including beer/water, food doesn't sound like it will be 2 meal tickets anywhere I want at any time I want, but more like a catered thing, which sounds like all PIPers will be trying to eat at the same time, and what if I'm not hungry when they're catering. a clarification email will help, maybe, but I guess I'll have to live through it before I really know. But, I will not forsake FFF yet for ACL. FFF has become my new, much improved ACL. Let's hope it stays that way.

    ever hopeful...
    K@


    Still waiting for the "PIP Email that was supposed to go out early this week'

    K@ on the paper that came with the tickets it still says Meal Vouchers so I'm not sure much if anything has changed in the way the food is going to work out.

  18. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:02 AM

    Yeah, I'm kind of assuming that we're never going to get that email. I can't even get my blogging to work, right now, so I'm guessing that the site has become a very low priority now. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to be surprised when I get to Club Deville tomorrow.

  19. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM

    Phillip wrote:
    Yeah, I'm kind of assuming that we're never going to get that email. I can't even get my blogging to work, right now, so I'm guessing that the site has become a very low priority now. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to be surprised when I get to Club Deville tomorrow.


    Hi Phillip! When you find out, can you please post an update here? I won't be getting to Austin until Friday, and it would be nice to know what to expect. Thanks in advance!

  20. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

    Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:16 PM

    I'll definitely do that if I have net access. I don't have a smartphone but I will be taking my Kindle with me. I'm still holding out hope that we learn something before I get on the plane tomorrow afternoon!