Replies to This Posting

1. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Are the 10 beers at least 20oz beers? Right now I'm so paranoid I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be 10 DROPS of beer into a paper cup.

I won't let this ruin the festival for me, but it'll take a lot of effort. I understand that you have to obey state laws and rules, but I would also expect the US legislature to have a law that would forbid changing terms of a sale AFTER the sale has been made, without offering a full refund. Croatia has a law like that and we're basically Third world.

So, this is how I see it: you have consciously decided to avoid getting fined or otherwise punished for fucking with the government, by fucking with your visitors, who are powerless against you, unless someone takes you to court for it, which won't happen (much as I'd like it to). The big guy fucks the little guy as always, and without even the badic decency to anounce the full details of the fucking.

Jetlagged in a Houston motel,
    Lalac

2. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I always felt like the people at FFF set the bar a bit higher than everybody else, but changing something so important to so many people two days before the festival starts is just downright slimy. Especially considering that we were misled as consumers into thinking that we would have an open bar.

And to add insult to injury, they send us a justification email that lays out the value of our PIP passes despite the sudden change. This is all just reminds me of the movie Used Cars where Kurt Russell sells a guy a repainted cab and assures him it's not a taxi. The guy didn't want a junky used taxi, Kurt Russel wanted a sale, and so he pulled a bait and switch.

3. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:34 AM

my roommate called ground ctrl last night and was put on hold for over 30 minutes since he wanted to talk about this. he eventually just hung up.

i bought my PIP 3 days ago for unlimited beer. this is insulting.

you can keep my fanny pack, my $50 shitter, my lithograph, my dignity, but for god sakes give me more of an option than 10 beers per day. what's wrong with 15? i would be perfectly FINE with 15.

also, i'll keep the water bottle and bandana, thank you very much.

4. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:03 AM

"Bait and Switch" is exactly what comes to mind.

I'm not mad, just so so disappointed in u,
    Transmission. if just ONE person retains a lawyer, and calls out for other pip customers to jump aboard, a lot of them would. clearly you can see that.
    please don't sell us something for over $300, and then change what it is, without giving us a chance to do anything about it. that's not good business. plus you hurt our feelings, and more importantly, broke our trust. frowny face, y'all. I also hope "catered meals" isn't code for "chipotle". u already ruined chipotle for me that one time.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

5. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Y'all are out of yer damn minds. I bought an early bird in DECEMBER. I upgraded to PIP (for the first time over the course of FIVE fests. FIVE.) in JUNE but was only charged two weeks ago when you KNEW that you were changing shit up. Given the option, I would have cancelled my upgrade request altogether. By the way I still haven't even gotten my tickets. Ground+ctrl should rename themselves "Fucking Incompetent".

You sold one thing and are delivering another. In addition to the restriction on beer you are also telling us what we can eat and I presume when we can eat as well.

At the end of the day, you just lied.
    *grudza*

6. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Just picked up my stuff. Here is the back of the laminate which explains things a little more clearly:

http://i46.tinypic.com/27wsuhv.jpg

It's kind of obvious now why the laminates didn't ship with the wristbands, huh?

The water bottle is actually pretty rad. The fanny pack is a fanny pack. The bandana is a bandana. And the lack of the lithograph that was listed on the day I purchased is pretty regrettable.

7. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Obviously the revelation two days before the fest was because they still had PIP passes to sell...

8. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

harlow, thanks for the heads up...

9. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I understand that TABC imposes limitations on the sale of beer, but 10 seems arbitrary and definitely limiting for how long each day is.

If they're restricting beer sales and ditching the lithograph, there has to be some kind of make good to be in line with what we were promised at purchase. We just dropped another $35 on a locker - if they knew these limitations were coming, why not offer that for free?

Supremely disappointed in how this is being run this year. Might be our last Fest.

10. RE: Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Alyssa G wrote:
    I understand that TABC imposes limitations on the sale of beer, but 10 seems arbitrary and definitely limiting for how long each day is.

If they're restricting beer sales and ditching the lithograph, there has to be some kind of make good to be in line with what we were promised at purchase. We just dropped another $35 on a locker - if they knew these limitations were coming, why not offer that for free?

Supremely disappointed in how this is being run this year. Might be our last Fest.

Yep - and the $50 bathroom value doesn't count either.

11. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I'm not pleased (understatement). This is my 6th F3F - I only missed the first one. I've been buying at least three 3-day passes every year. I quit going to ACL to go to F3F. This is the first year I upgraded to the PIP and now 2 days before the fest you change what I'm paying all that money for. WTF?

I may or may not drink 10 beers a day - that's not the point. I paid money, in good faith, for a product. After I paid that money, you're now delivering something different than what I purchased at the last fucking minute and trying to justify it with some bullshit (pun slightly intended) $50 shitter when there's no time to change my damn mind. That's pretty shady. I've been a loyal "customer" and this is how I get treated, this is how we get treated?

It certainly is election season - this whole message just felt like another politicians scammy message.

I'll still enjoy the music. I'll still enjoy the fest. But this left a really bad taste in my mouth. Next year, I may have to buy on who is playing and do I want to see them enough to pay, rather than just the fest alone.

12. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I've just returned from picking up my PIP mess, and although I'm still not pleased with the turn of events on this package, I will admit that Greg did offer an alternative solution which I thought was at least reasonable for people who purchased full price PIP passes. Holler at him when you get down there for your pickup.

That being said, I most likely won't return next year unless Jesus H. Christ himself comes back to earth and plays a GG Allin cover set. Next year, it'll be Fest in Gainesville.

There are two reasons a tour is never finished - Jail, or the Hospital.
    -Merle Allin, Murder Junkies.

13. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Schlitz wrote:
    I've just returned from picking up my PIP mess, and although I'm still not pleased with the turn of events on this package, I will admit that Greg did offer an alternative solution which I thought was at least reasonable for people who purchased full price PIP passes. Holler at him when you get down there for your pickup.

That being said, I most likely won't return next year unless Jesus H. Christ himself comes back to earth and plays a GG Allin cover set. Next year, it'll be Fest in Gainesville.

what was the alternative solution? i live in chicago and wont be able to pick up my package until tomorrow. just want to know whats to be expected.

14. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM

The offer was to refund the PIP portion of the ticket price, and still allow access to the pip bathrooms and viewing areas, without the beer/food/swag perks. It's my understanding that someone will be available at the gate to assist with this transaction if you can't do the early pickup.

impino26 wrote:
    Schlitz wrote:

what was the alternative solution? i live in chicago and wont be able to pick up my package until tomorrow. just want to know whats to be expected.

15. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Schlitz wrote:
    The offer was to refund the PIP portion of the ticket price, and still allow access to the pip bathrooms and viewing areas, without the beer/food/swag perks. It's my understanding that someone will be available at the gate to assist with this transaction if you can't do the early pickup.

impino26 wrote:
    Schlitz wrote:

hmmmmm... its almost seems intriguing... if you do the math, the only way it would be worth it is if the festival beer to purchase is less than $5.

$150 refund ÷ 30 beers (that you would have gotten free with PIP) = $5 per beer

not worth the refund if you ask me.

16. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:38 PM

PLUS you dont get food or swag.

17. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

they should just give all PIP people the option of 5 more beers per day and i guarantee that will shut most everyone up. 15 beers is okay with me.

but really, the only way anything will happen is if we all complain every single day to these people.

18. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

The offer for a refund is fair. It's the least they could have done. I'll keep my PIP ticket because I assume I'd still spend more money without it, but it was supposed to be a far better deal.

Still no word on the size of offered beers? A beer is not always a beer y'know...

From a Greyhound bus bound for Austin,
    Lalac

19. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM

If it's anything like past years, they are 12 oz. beers.
    *grudza*

20. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

All in all - it's still a decent enough deal. I get that. The messaging should've come a little sooner and probably should've played to your crowd. Instead of "aligning with TABC" maybe "we got f*cked by The Man and this is the best we can do..." would sound a little less corporate.

It's just SO late in the game, this is not cool - not good "customer service" (if we want to put it in more traditional terms). The powers the be have known about this for at least a little while longer because you got the laminates designed and printed - I'm a designer, I know that shit takes a while. Then trying to give us bogus values for stuff - c'mon, Ground CTRL.