Replies to This Posting

1. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM

That's a great question...I didn't even notice it until you mentioned this.

2. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I think basically what this means is. If your Drunk beyond belief, making a jackass out of yourself, causing problems, etc they will refuse to serve you.

Some states have laws against serving someone who shows signs of being drunk.

They are probably required to put that in by law.

3. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:26 AM

what wiggum says makes sense but I'd like to read something official, too. I did spend A LOT of money on the PIP pass after all.

4. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:48 AM

I also did some reading and saw this about TABC. Maybe they need to have the permit clearly posted or they would have to give free beer to anyone asking?

It is legal to provide free alcoholic beverages without a permit. However, to be truly "free," it must be available to any adult who walks in the door and requests it. If alcoholic beverages are only available to paying customers, the assumption is that the cost of the alcohol is included in the price of the service. This constitutes a sale of alcoholic beverages, and a TABC permit would be required. When you provide the alcoholic beverage, there cannot be any expectation of receiving money. You cannot ask for a "donation" or "tip." If the drinks will only be available to paying guests, then you will need a permit.

5. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM

According to the sheet that came in the mail with the PIP wristbands (mine hasn't arrived yet, but you can see it on the Instagram feed) there are drink vouchers in addition to the usual meal vouchers this year. Not sure if it's TABC related, but if we're only allowed a finite amount of drinks, that's going to be a bummer.

6. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Agreed. I drink more then the average bear and will be pissed with a finite # of beers.

7. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:01 AM

:( seems like something that should have been mentioned BEFORE they accepted our money. what we were sold and what we are getting are not the same, and I kind of am insulted by that.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

8. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:13 AM

A limit would definitely be no bueno. Drink vouchers? I don't want to carry around a pocket of tickets all day. And I JUST bought my PIP, too. Hmm...

9. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM

slyd wrote:
    Agreed. I drink more then the average bear and will be pissed with a finite # of beers.

Same. And it's not even necessarily in the interest of getting rip-roaringly drunk or anything. I'll be there eleven hours a day for three days in a row. One drink an hour is small potatoes, especially with low ABV beers.

10. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM

perhaps the drink vouchers are for tea or whatever. I certainly hope I will not end up having paid $175 for five beers and a fanny pack I didn't even want.

11. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Before we assume what it is we should wait to see if they respond to this.

If they posted Free beer and even mentioned unlimited beer in some posts as a selling pooint here then they broke the contract with us when we bought the tickets. I only bought the PIP for the beers

12. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM

harlow wrote:
    According to the sheet that came in the mail with the PIP wristbands (mine hasn't arrived yet, but you can see it on the Instagram feed) there are drink vouchers in addition to the usual meal vouchers this year. Not sure if it's TABC related, but if we're only allowed a finite amount of drinks, that's going to be a bummer.

There is nothing that came with my PIP wristband that says anything about any vouchers. All I got was a one pager with a map on where to park and bus routes, and a packing slip.

13. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

mikeinaustin wrote:
    harlow wrote:

There is nothing that came with my PIP wristband that says anything about any vouchers. All I got was a one pager with a map on where to park and bus routes, and a packing slip.

Same. Got mine at lunch. It says you can pick up the rest of your stuff the night before at a specific location or get everything when you enter the festival. No vouchers to be seen until then for me. Oh well. Either way, it'll be fun on a bun!
    Chels

14. RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

The first paragraph in the paper says pickup all PIP goods, pip laminate, drink and meal vouchers.

15. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Same here. Got my PIP and it only had the wristband, transportation sheet and the packing slip.

16. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Oh, there's another printed side to the transportation sheet. Okay.

17. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Here's a dumb question: Anybody see the PIP entrance on the map?

18. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Fastmusicfan wrote:
    Here's a dumb question: Anybody see the PIP entrance on the map?

It's on the bottom right-hand side.

19. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:52 AM

This was posted by one of the moderators on Sept 8th on this site when someone was inquiring about PIP free beers.

With PIP its free beer until:
    a) you drink the well dry.
    b) get wasted and act like an idiot. You can kiss your arse g'bye at that point.
    c) all of the above.

That's the deal as of now.

20. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 5:03 AM

I agree with Wiggum! Probably the main reason I bought PIPs was for the "free beer"! I know they didn't say how many free beers. But at fun fun fun fests in the past I heard this wasn't the case and I haven't heard of any new TABC laws that have passed since the last festival!!!!