1) How do I get more points
2) What will I be able to do with those points
Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:32 AM

Mr. D wrote:
    Phillip wrote:
    Teaching a yak to rollerskate=10,000 points. This is because yaks much prefer Segways.

Well what the hell am I supposed with my Segway-riding yak now?

Teaching a yak to ride a Segway is quite easy, Mr. D, therefore of lesser point value...if I were the administration, I would probably award a lesser sum of points (say, 100 but not to exceed 350) for such a feat. If your yak can jump cars on his Segway, however, I would award the full raft of 10,000 points.

2. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Phillip wrote:
    Mr. D wrote:
    Phillip wrote:
    Teaching a yak to rollerskate=10,000 points. This is because yaks much prefer Segways.

Well what the hell am I supposed with my Segway-riding yak now?

Teaching a yak to ride a Segway is quite easy, Mr. D, therefore of lesser point value...if I were the administration, I would probably award a lesser sum of points (say, 100 but not to exceed 350) for such a feat. If your yak can jump cars on his Segway, however, I would award the full raft of 10,000 points.
    We'll start training immediately. I'm pretty sure the advanced gyroscopes will make it almost effortless... not to mention that yaks are built for high altitudes!

3. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I think its ridiculous that they changed the point values so that no one can earn a substantial enough amount to purchase anything. Come on, a free taco for 3,000 and a POSTER for 5,000?! Thats ridiculous. Having people create a social network on your site to create buzz with a somewhat tangible award at the end (free tickets) was great idea but now it seems to be 3 times as difficult and probably impossible once enough users get into the thousands. Change it back, give out the tickets, people are still spending money at the festival

4. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM

In the info on the "Get Onstage With Your Favorite Band" store item it says points can be earned by interacting in the forum. As far as I can tell I have never received any points for posting a comment in the forum. Is their a different level of interacting that it's alluding to?

5. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I was wondering the same thing regarding interacting in the forums.

6. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:23 PM

lithographette wrote:
    lienathan316 wrote:
    It says now that you have to be social! I find it strange that being social can have two different point values, I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Being social has always been accompanied by a range of point values
    1 point for commenting
    5 points for complimenting
    10 points for telling me a joke I have not already heard
    15 points for buying me a beer
    25 points for buying me a tito's and tonic
    50 points for buying me a Laphroig
    100 points for having my back in a fight (which I will inevitably start with some stranger once you quest to gain 10,000 points in 50 point drink increments)
    150 points for bailing me out of jail
    200 points for taking the rap for me so I don't go to jail
    300 points for continuing to booze me up despite the prior altercation
    350 points for buying me kebabalicious in a failed attempt to sober me up
    500 points for getting me home safe
    750 points for spending the night to ensure I do not die in my sleep but not attempting any funny business
    1000 points for providing a hangover reduction breakfast of Bloody Mary, Eggs and hydrocodone

That is one of the best point systems ever. Mine would have to add green chile to the menu... that's about it though.

7. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 1:32 AM

patton wrote:
    lithographette wrote:
    lienathan316 wrote:
    It says now that you have to be social! I find it strange that being social can have two different point values, I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Being social has always been accompanied by a range of point values
    1 point for commenting
    5 points for complimenting
    10 points for telling me a joke I have not already heard
    15 points for buying me a beer
    25 points for buying me a tito's and tonic
    50 points for buying me a Laphroig
    100 points for having my back in a fight (which I will inevitably start with some stranger once you quest to gain 10,000 points in 50 point drink increments)
    150 points for bailing me out of jail
    200 points for taking the rap for me so I don't go to jail
    300 points for continuing to booze me up despite the prior altercation
    350 points for buying me kebabalicious in a failed attempt to sober me up
    500 points for getting me home safe
    750 points for spending the night to ensure I do not die in my sleep but not attempting any funny business
    1000 points for providing a hangover reduction breakfast of Bloody Mary, Eggs and hydrocodone

That is one of the best point systems ever. Mine would have to add green chile to the menu... that's about it though.

Kid you not, my friend, my home made bloody mary mix includes pulverized hatch roasted green chile. That stuff will cure ANYTHING. Lived in the 'burque while gettin' my masters. Holla!

8. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 1:22 PM

i want points like cookie monster wants cookies

9. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Naturally, I leave for five minutes (or two-ish days, same difference) and the entire FFFF system changes. What exactly is going on?

10. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 1:51 AM

kris wrote:
    Naturally, I leave for five minutes (or two-ish days, same difference) and the entire FFFF system changes. What exactly is going on?

You till get ten points for posting a blog and one point for leaving a wall or blog comment. On the points menu they no longer differentiate between the two. It's all lumped together as "being social."

11. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Bad Guy Zero wrote:
    kris wrote:

You till get ten points for posting a blog and one point for leaving a wall or blog comment. On the points menu they no longer differentiate between the two. It's all lumped together as "being social."

Hm strange. I posted a blog yesterday and didn't receive anything. I also posted comments and didn't receive anything but on my blog today, I did. Very weird.

12. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Its a bit of futile system that's for sure. I just don't understand how we do not get points for posting in the forums. I mean, isn't this "being social?" I really do not understand the point system... they should hire me. I will totally work haha for a pay and possibly something else. But either way, I will be shocked if someone gets so many points. I can't believe I have a little over 1000.... and I post A LOT. At least I think so... oh well. C'est La Vie!

13. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM

patton wrote:
    Its a bit of futile system that's for sure. I just don't understand how we do not get points for posting in the forums. I mean, isn't this "being social?" I really do not understand the point system... they should hire me. I will totally work haha for a pay and possibly something else. But either way, I will be shocked if someone gets so many points. I can't believe I have a little over 1000.... and I post A LOT. At least I think so... oh well. C'est La Vie!

I agree that posting in the forum is far more social than anything else. Let's combine points and split vouchers!

14. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM

kris wrote:
    patton wrote:

I agree that posting in the forum is far more social than anything else. Let's combine points and split vouchers!

We should combine points and split vouchers... that is a good idea. I swear I didn't get any points for my last 2 blogs though... hrmmm

15. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM

the points for blogs system probably stopped because people were posting a bunch of them every single day and gaining points for "my butt hurts today and it's rainy outside; bummer" x20 instead of getting them the hard way - giving up their body

16. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:14 AM

patton wrote:
    kris wrote:
    patton wrote:

We should combine points and split vouchers... that is a good idea. I swear I didn't get any points for my last 2 blogs though... hrmmm

I think it cuts you off after a certain amount of actiivty. It's happened to me a few times but the next day, I was gaining points again. There must be a wait time of a few hours.

17. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Yep yep, I'm pretty sure you get a giant hand that comes down on you and says NO MORE POINTS after a while. Because I was crazy confused to get points for blog posts, and then it stopped shortly after.

18. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:36 PM

After reading all this I'm not sure It's any clearer what one does for points.

19. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Hi there, just joined up. Looking to build up my points. Can't wait for this bad ass show. See you there

20. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:30 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm...i need to build mine up...soo i can get on stage....