Fanny Pack Days, a Survival-og

Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM

A few questions for you FFF vets.

What are some necessities that are allowed to bring in I should bring in...sunblock, sunglasses, fanny pack/small backpack, aspirin, earplugs, tales of hope and despair?

the PiP viewing areas, they seem a little far aways...not seeing one for the Blue or Yellow stage either...is it because those stages aren't worthy?

Parking, I'm fairly familiar with the area and know there is plenty of free street parking all over the joint...anyone have any theiving problems at past events? I honestly have never had any problems and the SXSW I went to 3 years ago I parked in one of the grimiest alleyways a few blocks north of the Mohawk that has ever existed.

Who is ready to kick it in the chill out ten during the Hold Steady set?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Fanny Pack Days, a Survival-og

Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:32 AM

cant wait. the very first time we went (2 years ago), we took everything we thought we might need. turns out, we didnt need much of it at all. ear plugs, hand sanitizer, bottle of water, cash, stuff like that. you wont even need the water if youre pip.
    we were pip's last year, but didnt use it for anything but the food & booze (which is what we'll be doing again this year!).
    we're actually staying at one of the hotels close by, so we wont be taking anything with us & we wont have an issue with parking either.
    get there early for a prime parking spot, they go quickly. you might end up parking a little farther away on saturday since theres a game that day. it doesnt start until until later in the evening, but tailgaters start EARLY. in the years ive gone (to this as well as other downtown events), ive never had a theft problem.

hope it helps!
    d

2. Re: Fanny Pack Days, a Survival-og

Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:47 AM

ok awesome thanks. yeah staying about 10 minutes south of Waterloo so I think I'll have my friend follow me up early Saturday morning and park then have her drop me off closer to show time.

3. Re: Fanny Pack Days, a Survival-og

Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I'd recommend a bandana and/or tissues. It can really get dusty in the park. The black stage, however, is not a problem because the pit is on friggin' concrete! (Rules!)