Guess the fest

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

My guesses for funfunfunfest are:American Nightmare, Modern Life Is War, Neutral Milk Hotel, Rocket From The Crypt, Dinosaur Jr, Iggy and the Stooges, Nails, Kylesa, DeafHeaven, Father John Misty, Sigur ros, miKal cronin, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, pissed jeanS, Earl sweatshirt, kurt vile and the violators, BAroness, flag, metz, Chvrches

I don't know why some of the letters are randomly capitalized.

Who'd you guys pick?

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Guess the fest

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Some nice selections in there, amigo! Haven't done mine yet but I'll post when I do. I think you and I will definitely have a few in common (all of my voodoo powers are currently focused on bringing Speedo and the merry pranksters to ATX).

2. RE: Guess the fest

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I'm praying for The Replacements or Paul doing some Mats album in full. My Bloody Valentine should definitely come back since they're hitting Austin in August.

Btw, Guessthefest only works with a Facebook account still, right?

3. Re: Guess the fest

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

This is what I rolled with

Baroness
    Classixx
    Daft Punk
    Holy Ghost!
    Nine Inch Nails
    Spoon
    The Octopus Project
    yeasayer
    Yelle
    WAVVES
    Social Distortion
    Dethklok
    Geto Boys
    bad religion
    RATATAT
    RANCID
    CRYSTAL CASTLES
    Simian Mobile Disco
    the postal service
    ANTHONY JESELNIK

4. Re: Guess the fest

Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I logged in using my Facebook. I'm not sure if you can do it without a FB account.

Slyd - Social Distortion would be awesome. I hope that one is right.

5. Re: Guess the fest

Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Not going to bother since I can't see blogs and learn about new music all I have to rely on is the shit I always listen to and I doubt Bob Marley or TREX or Fugazi are coming to the shores.
    In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

6. Re: Guess the fest

Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Talked to the guys from 7 Seconds after Amnesiafest in Quebec this past weekend and they are on-board for this year's fest!

7. Re: Guess the fest

Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 7:16 AM

cgun wrote:
    Talked to the guys from 7 Seconds after Amnesiafest in Quebec this past weekend and they are on-board for this year's fest!

Misfire?
    -Adam Noble Bass

8. Re: Guess the fest

Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:25 PM