Hydration

Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Last year the only access to water was accessible through purchasing bottled water. I personally do not buy bottled water as a life-choice (a bit different, I know, but I do it for human rights reasons among others). All the water fountains in Waterloo were not working last year. I was just wondering if there was any idea of free access to public water or fountains, etc. I just figured I could mention the idea of a "hydration station" or something if there aren't public water fountains...just an area where people could fill their own water bottles with water to remain hydrated? A lot of festivals I've been to haven't taken this into account, but those that did really helped improve my stay and time at the festival. Just a thought...

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Hydration

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM

I second this hydration station idea because paying $5 for water is crappy (I don't actually remember the price of water, but anything more than free seems kinda pricey to me)

2. Re: Hydration

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I get pip and we get free water (which imo should be available to everyone as a basic right, but hey that's just me) but I agree that I wish there was a way to refill without having to use so many damn bottles!

3. Re: Hydration

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Maybe the FFF peeps can contact the Kleen Kanteen folks that are doing the refill thing all summer on this year's Warped Tour.

4. Re: Hydration

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:34 AM

don't think I brought water last year but year 4 I brought in 2 2-liter bottles of water I had picked up from Whole Foods. worst case scenario, bring some water and leave it in your car since you can always leave and come back. just remember to recycle if you get bottled.
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.

5. Re: Hydration

Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:34 AM

any sort of water filling station would be greatly appreciated. a gigantic water fountain might just do

6. Re: Hydration

Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:35 AM

Last year the Stanley people had a hydration station. I won a metal bottle water thingy from them and even if you didn't have a product from them they would let you drink of their cool waters. I think bottled water was like $2-3 pretty cheap for this type of outing.

7. Re: Hydration

Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM

what about a beer fountain???

8. Re: Hydration

Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Stanley will be back again this year and will be bringin' the water! While they won't be selling product onsite, you can redeem your points to earn a free Stanley one-handed water bottle or Stanley flask from Ground CTRL/FFFfest and pick them up at will call.

9. Re: Hydration

Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:12 PM

yeah 500 points for a flask and water bottle
    NAW DUDE!

10. Re: Hydration

Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM

really?? 500 points is gonna be no prob to collect. :)

11. Re: Hydration

Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM

yeah I agree. In ACL they had hydration stations

12. Re: Hydration

Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring in water bottles?

13. RE: Hydration

Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:02 PM

They had a hydration station at EDC Vegas this year, which was a good idea. (although a bit ironic, giving out free water at rave in the desert in a drought).

14. Re: Hydration

Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:16 PM

It says you can bring in empty water containers, just no camel packs. I'm assuming this means there will be a hydration station available. It makes total sense. Hydration is important.
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley

~BonnieBlowtorch

15. Re: Hydration

Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM

There will be water stations this year offering free filtered water. These are the same stations that were at Lolla, ACL, and EDC. You can see them here: http://www.eventwatersolutions.com. Stanley will be selling refillable bottles.

16. Re: Hydration

Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM

THANK ZE LORD~!!!

17. Re: Hydration

Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:46 PM

FANTASTIC! Our water woes are solved!
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley

~BonnieBlowtorch

18. Re: Hydration

Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I read you can bring in water bottles and such as long as they're empty, which leads me to believe there has to be somewhere to get water.