USP feedback

Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Well, it's official, this is the worst deal you could possibly pay for. Basically $325 for the opportunity to what, have horrible viewing lines in the yellow tent, crappy viewing in the orange stage, and a crappier beer and food selection that all cost exactly the same (which is to say, outrageous, $6 for a fucking can of Shiner?!) as what's available at the rest of the fest.

I can't help but feel this is some sort of deliberate fucking over of the people who bought the passes, in an effort to what, get rid of the PIP/USP/Whatever it's called option for the next year when the venue changes?

PIP had been going through changes some for the better, some for the worst, but this is absolutely the biggest waste of money. I'm not going on Saturday, because paying an extra $50 a day for the opportunity to spend a bunch of extra money with no benefits at all that I can see (also if you could get rid of the SUPER ANNOYING bathroom attendants that would be great).

Thanks dudes, you made my decision to not go to FFF next year all the more easy. I hope you enjoy my wasted money.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: USP feedback

Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 8:23 AM

USP = Underwhelming Scam Pass + Ultimate Sucker Purchase

2. Re: USP feedback

Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I've emailed Ground Control and Transmission Events to request a partial refund since we didn't get the following advertised perks: priority entry to FFF Nites; a cell charging concierge; table service; dedicated support staff (the only one I saw was the lady checking wristbands at the lounge entrance); premium sight lines, which is subjective, I guess, but the orange and yellow viewing stages were poorly placed. Some of the perks were partial: the presidential bathrooms were hot, dirty, and out of service by early evening on Friday and Saturday; there were no beanbags in the USP area but they were available in the general festival area; the orange lounge was trashed by 7 PM on Friday and Saturday, with cans, cups, plates, and cigarette butts everywhere. All in all, USP was a huge waste of money!

3. Re: USP feedback

Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Because of this years USP, I will no longer be purchasing the pass. The reason we purchase these passes is to have complimentary food and drinks without waiting too long in line. That is the main goal. We didn't even get schwagg this year. It was a joke. At least I was expecting a price cut on food and drinks but no. The drinks cost this same both in the USP sections and regular areas and lines were just as long. I felt like the only thing I was paying extra for was the bathrooms and kind bars. I would rather purchase a regular pass. This might turn me off of FFF all together. Please fix this so the pass can be what it once was. It was the best a couple years ago. Make it that way again.

4. Re: USP feedback

Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I've always taken the wait-and-see approach before actually buying PSPs, PiPs, USPs or whatever... and every year they seem to get the same negative feedback. Having never actually bought a USP, I was curious what the "new and improved" experience was going to be and even tried talking a friend out of buying them this year. He bought them and had a lot of the same complaints. There are obviously some advantages, but personally, they never look like they're worth the extra dough. Especially not for those viewing stages and the same $6 for a 12 oz Shiner. Yeesh.

5. Re: USP feedback

Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Yeah when it seemed like there was going to be no free Beer/Food I checked out. Two years ago the PIP was a much better experience.

6. Re: USP feedback

Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM

USP was obviously terrible. I think the person complaining for the partial refund has an excellent case. I personally witnessed a Mohawk employee say "we're not doing that" to some USPers that wanted to cut the Tenacious D line.

Having said that, why would the OP not attend a festival just because they can't be pampered? Weren't you going for the bands and the other people and the experience? I mean if you were only going to feel superior or something... good riddance, then.

Also, to those USPers complaining about viewing stands and no free beer - I've been paying attention from the beginning and FFF advertising was very clear that there would be no discounted food and beer. And there was no reason to believe the viewing stands would be any better than previous years, and when the schedule/map came out it showed exactly where the USP viewing areas were. I almost bought a USP just for the priority Nites entrance, and chose not to at the last minute which I am of course relieved by since it wasn't implemented at all.

It really does seem like FFF has antagonism towards the idea of paying for a VIP experience. Which is totally cool. But then either scrap it next year or go back to free beers as the main perk (which I think most were happy with), would be my humble suggestion.

7. Re: USP feedback

Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM