How many people will attend?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:15 PM

What do you think? Someone mentioned in another thread that they liked the concert best a few years back when there weren't that many people, which leads me to believe there will be big crowds this year.

Experienced FFFF'ers: how crowded has the concert been in years past? I mean, besides the crowds around stages for performances, is there room to move around and/or breathe? Just curious.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: How many people will attend?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM

My estimation skills suck. I went to the first FFF and last year's and the difference was huge. Lots more people. Can't say I know a number though

2. RE: How many people will attend?

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:01 AM

A lot of people, but there's definitely room to breather, not in the mosh pits but around the stages and food courts there is. It really empty in the morning like at noon, but it fills up fast.

3. RE: How many people will attend?

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I went in '08 for the first time, there were people, but *plenty* of room to hang out and sit if you didn't want to get up close to the bands. Plus, there was never a line longer than 3 people for the drinks and port-a-jons by stage 4 (in the "back"). Take *that*, ACL-goers!!! :P

4. RE: How many people will attend?

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I would guess there were a few thousand people last year, but it didn't feel cramped at all. The only time the crowd freaked me out was during Bad Brains, it was a freaking free for all SLAM to the front once they started playing.

5. RE: How many people will attend?

Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:10 PM

just got mah tixxxxxxxx

6. RE: How many people will attend?

Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:58 AM

there's plenty of space at the park for a large crowd so there should be no worries about moving around freely and being comfortable. the only way you might have trouble breathing is if the dust gets bad.

7. RE: How many people will attend?

Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:51 AM

Agree, if 2008 was "as big as it's been" and it doesn't double or triple up in 09, it's perfectly managable - you can move around and get everything you need (unlike ACL) but still feels like you're enjoying with a crowd.

Mista PP wrote:
    I went in '08 for the first time, there were people, but *plenty* of room to hang out and sit if you didn't want to get up close to the bands. Plus, there was never a line longer than 3 people for the drinks and port-a-jons by stage 4 (in the "back"). Take *that*, ACL-goers!!! :P