Yellow Stage

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM

While I definitely appreciated the shade the tent provided, a lot of people felt this just didn't work and severely limited how many people could actually see the comedians performing.

Another frequent complaint from the comedians was that the music blaring through was distracting. At his NITES show, Doug Benson suggested they should just hold the comedy portions somewhere like the Drafthouse.

I'm not sure this is really feasible since we did go back and forth a couple of times but maybe possibly put the stage further away from everything else or maybe just do all the comedy as NITES shows or something? It would be nice to sit in an air conditioned theater and laugh after standing in the sun all day.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Yellow Stage

Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I was thinking about this too, and I can't figure out a viable solution. There's nowhere else on the auditorium shores grounds where it could go where the music wouldn't bleed in. I don't know that taking it off-site to a place like the drafthouse would be a good idea, because that means a serious commitment to staying away from the rest of the stages for that portion.

Would it be possible to rent out the Long Center across the street? (Guessing that's a no)

So much goes on at FFF that I feel the yellow stage needs a little more love, but there's just not much more to give it. I wonder if maybe a swap with the bike/skateboarding ramps could be a good spot for it, since it's a fair distance between the blue and black stage, and the ramps aren't really affected by noise bleeding?

2. Re: Yellow Stage

Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM