disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM

yes, i know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but this year's lineup leaves me flat. too bad no old school metal.

PiL and Bob Mould are cool, but the black stage is weak, especially since the 5 bands I like on there I've seen in the last 6-9 months.

oh well. i've already sold my wristband.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Napalm Death would qualify as old school metal considering the length of their career. Although, I admit...Stryper would have been badass... :P

2. RE: disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I agree prolly weakest line up I've seen for fun fest prolly just get the day pass for couple bands

3. Re: disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I'd say it's solid, between the buried and me, converge, the sword and baroness just to name a few
    NAW DUDE!

4. Re: disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

weird. i think the black stage has the strongest bill. really hoping for a nites show with off!, fucked up, and the spits. shit would be bananas.

5. Re: disappointing

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM

The black stage doesn't look too bad, but I'm betting theres a big leak coming late like the last two years. Baroness was pretty disappointing a few weeks ago, but we might give them a second go if scheduling permits.
    -alaynah-

6. Re: disappointing

Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Between the Buried and Me just sells it for me, but on top of that you get Converge, The Sword, Japandroids, and La Dispute.

I can agree some old school metal in there would be awesome (considering I just got back from Mayhem Fest with Anthrax, Motorhead, and Slayer).

7. Re: disappointing

Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I disagree...but I can see your point if you're just looking for old-school metal.
    I think this is the strongest year yet, but my favorite bands are Converge, Refused, Torche.

8. Re: disappointing

Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Black stage has the strongest line up this year without a doubt. Hip hop lineup is weak and lots of indie/pop drivel.

9. RE: disappointing

Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

napalm death. argument invalid. sorry dude.

10. Re: disappointing

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

i dunno how you can be disappointed in a stage that has refused playing on it. : /

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

11. RE: disappointing

Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I respectfully fully disagree!
    -Adam Noble Bass

12. Re: disappointing

Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

hateyouhumans wrote:
    I respectfully fully disagree!
    -Adam Noble Bass

Also: POWER TRIP! http://powertriptx.bandcamp.com/
    -Adam Noble Bass