Past Festival Dates

Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Did you attend FFF in year's past? If so share your best story (or just make up a really good one). This is your soapbox so go for it!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Past Festival Dates

Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Some memories from last year:

1.DUST!
    2.Losing one of my Ed Hardy shoes in the Milkmen pit.
    3.Dave Tejas from Krum Bums hanging upside down from the scaffolding and pouring beer on people!
    4.Crowd surfing for the first time in my life, and to Bad Brains! I wound up with three broken ribs, but a lifetime of memories!

2. RE: Past Festival Dates

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I attended in '08 and witnessed everything. From the 24oz. Fosters to the haircut tent there lurked a smell of success in the air. You can't beat a 2-day festival in the middle of Austin that covers all bases of entertainment. The only thing I can suggest for this year is something in 10D if possible.
    Favorite Moments: Tim & Eric, Dan Deacon, Minus the Bear, minimal travel between stages, nonstop music, and I pooped my pants maybe.

3. RE: Past Festival Dates

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Last year was my first year, and the whole thing kicked major ass. My favorite part, though was discovering the YOUNG WIDOWS, who I had not heard of before, and are now in my top three favorite bands (with Shellac and The Jesus Lizard) IMHO one of the best things about a well-curated festival (of which FFF has the best heavy music) is finding somebody you have not heard of, who melts your face off. Cheaper and more fun than plastic surgery!

4. RE: Past Festival Dates

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I remember in '06 when Peaches started playing "Shake your dix (shake your tits)" half the crowd lost their shirts and started jamming. Hottest night in December I've seen.

5. RE: Past Festival Dates

Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM

getting squished in the crowd dancing to dan deacon and getting hot dogs thrown at me by tim & eric

6. RE: Past Festival Dates

Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM

having to rescue the Prototype chair after Tim & Eric threw it over the bridge during our interview last year

7. RE: Past Festival Dates

Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM

06 was my favorite because there was less people and the weather was cool since it was in december. you should invite prefuse 73 back.

8. Moderator

RE: Past Festival Dates

Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:07 PM

adi7anand wrote:
    having to rescue the Prototype chair after Tim & Eric threw it over the bridge during our interview last year

Did anyone capture this on camera? talk about awesome.

9. RE: Past Festival Dates

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:24 PM

ahh memories from last year. i remember the dust for sure.

Does anyone remember the billy idol looking guy? he was dancing by the punk stage for the better half of sunday.