Conflicting bands

Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Anybody else having tough decisions picking what bands to see when their time slots are conflicting? I gotta choose between Gwar/Dirty Projectors and Bad Religion/MGMT. Alot of people seem to be upset about Gwar/Vandals too

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Conflicting bands

Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I guess some people were wrong cause Gwar and the Vandals are on the same stage

2. Re: Conflicting bands

Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 12:05 AM

well the 3 main acts i wanted to see are playing sunday. Yelle at 740, Suicidal tendencies at 750 and devo at 830. i will catch most of yelle, see st for a couple of songs then i cannot miss devo! other than that the schedule conflicts arent so bad to me

3. Re: Conflicting bands

Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Crocodiles@2:00. Indian Jewelry@2:10. Whats the better decision?

4. Re: Conflicting bands

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM

bad realigion/mgmt is the saddest one but i feel that i will be drunk enough to dance by then so the decision will make itself when the time is right.

5. Re: Conflicting bands

Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

GWAR > all

No contest.

6. Re: Conflicting bands

Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM

monica5000 wrote:
    GWAR > all

No contest.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this but raise you a DEVO!
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley

~BonnieBlowtorch

7. Re: Conflicting bands

Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Clay Snot wrote:
    Crocodiles@2:00. Indian Jewelry@2:10. Whats the better decision?

Indian Jewelry is one of the main reasons I'm going, decent enough friends/fanboy of the band and I'm happy they are playing this festival....to be fair, they are strictly a noise band so if you aren't into that then choose Crocodiles - for Indian Jewelry it is expect the unexpected just expect it to be shriekingly loud.

8. Re: Conflicting bands

Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:43 PM

eureeka wrote:
    bad realigion/mgmt is the saddest one but i feel that i will be drunk enough to dance by then so the decision will make itself when the time is right.

You should see Bad Religion.

9. Re: Conflicting bands

Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:55 PM

unfortunately i will not be alone at the festival and i think my counterpart will want to see mgmt..besides when your drunk and you feel like dancing bad religion is just going to piss you off..

10. Re: Conflicting bands

Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM

oh and as far as the dirty projectors and gwar, everyone should see gwar because they are known for their live show and the dirty projectors suck live (ive seen em twice and both times walked away to explore other music im not going to waste my time giving them a 3rd chance)....

11. Re: Conflicting bands

Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Most are conflicts of overlap, where bands I really want to see play into each others sets.

Monotonix and Municpal Waste.
    Snapcase and Polvo.
    Dum Dum Girls and Floor
    Kylesa and Dam - Funk

12. Re: Conflicting bands

Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM

I'm not leaving the Black Stage on Saturday. It's too full of gnar (and Gwar). Bad Religion > MGMT is an easy one for me.

13. Re: Conflicting bands

Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Lot's of good bansd it's hard to choose...