Austin in November

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM

HI Everyone,

I'll be flying in from NY. I was wondering what type of clothing I should pack for November in Texas? Shorts and Tee shirt ok during the day?

Anything to add? I've never been to Texas and usually in November I'm wearing heavier clothes.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Austin in November

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Last year was incredibly dusty, so I was happy to be wearing closed shoes and jeans. It will probably be warm enough that you can get away with shorts, but most people will be wearing jeans and tshirts. You'll probably want some light sweaters/hoodies for the evening, unless a cold front comes through or something, in which case just check the weather before your flight.

2. RE: Austin in November

Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Hi! Welcome to Texas :) Last year I did jeans and t-shirts with a really light sweater or hoodie. It was warm during the day, but nights at night it got kinda chilly. Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm from South Texas and chilly to me is temps in the 50's.

3. Re: Austin in November

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Guess I'll bring a mix of shorts and jeans. Hotel is only 10 minute walk and I can always go take quick shower and change if I get dusty and or cold.

Should be a good time.

4. Re: Austin in November

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

im coming from Melbourne, Australia. Anything above freezing is warm to me. Can't wait!

5. RE: Austin in November

Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

This isn't really weather/clothing related, but you should DEF bring a bandanna. Dust everywhere. Especially if you're gonna be chillin near the black stage or any sort of dance or mosh pit. Welcome to Texas!

6. Re: Austin in November

Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 2:35 PM

lesleypicon wrote:
    This isn't really weather/clothing related, but you should DEF bring a bandanna. Dust everywhere. Especially if you're gonna be chillin near the black stage or any sort of dance or mosh pit. Welcome to Texas!

This is spot on!

A mixture of mild weather clothing will be sufficient. Bring sunblock regardless, because no matter what time of year, you can get a sunburn. I'm also Irish, so take that advice as is.

7. RE: Austin in November

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Might want to pack a raincoat....

8. Re: Austin in November

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM

tyt3ch wrote:
    Might want to pack a raincoat....

Yeah I have some nice lightweight Raincoat and rain pants I use when I go fishing. I'm going to roll them up and bring them. My hotel is close so if the weather looks bad I'm going to run back and grab it.

9. Re: Austin in November

Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Luckily, I'm from Seattle, so I'm sure nothing could phase me (I could be terribly wrong!)
    -Adam Noble Bass

10. Re: Austin in November

Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM

weather.com